DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a check engine light with ABS on the upper dash. I have no Gas, Tach or SPeedo. The blower moteor works, ONLY heat comes out the controls on the stereo dash don't work (Rear wipers, a/c) Check all fuses, engine and driver side, they seem fine.Any suggestions.
Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
629 Posts
dash

try pulling the IOD fuse in the power dist. center under the hood on the drivers side for like 20 seconds and then reinsert ,sometimes this will fix cluster anomalies . All these functions are controlled by the BCM , hopefully that hasn't gone bad as they are pretty pricey I believe .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx Viper

I will try that, I pulled all the fuses, they're fine. I have to locate the IOD.
Right now van runs great minus the rear wipers, gauges and A/C. I have a
100,000 miles warranty which should cover the cost of the OID. As of now, the speedometer has stopped, so I an not accumulating any mileage, it's stil at 81,037 for the past 3 days? Thanx for the response.
Regards,
Mykell

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mykell,

The IOD fuse is a little red 20-amp fuse that sits by itself at the end of the power distribution center, which is under the hood on your drivers side fender well. It should not need to be replaced, judging by your symptoms. Just pull it out briefly to allow the BCM to reset.

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Rick

Wacky thing happened. I got the gauges for about 2 minutes Saturday afternoon, then it crapped out. Driving on Sat. night, all of a sudden, I here the door locks click ........now the gauages are working? 'Christine' is back! Ha ha ah Thanx for the info, I really like the Caravans.
Regards,
Mykell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.