DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Dodge 2500 4x4 with factory size tires. In 2000 Dodge came out with a different size tire on the 2500 than in 99. What size was this tire? And is the rim width the same as the 99. Next question. This pickup has the 360 with a 5 speed man tranny. Thinking about headers. Is there any significant power gains and gas mileage increase with headers? Or would I be throwing money out the window. Oh, I already have put a 3" exhaust on this pickup

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I think on '99s they got the 6.5 inch wide wheels and when they changed wheel styles the 2000-2002 style rim was 7.5 inches wide. Can't help ya on the tire sizes though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Isnt the tire size a 245/70/16 or 265/75/16? I have a 99 2500 with 285/75/16.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
2000 stock was 265 75 16 my rims are 8 inchs as I had the upgrade alloy rims don't know what the and I believe the regular rims were 7.5

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
gonsnow said:
Thinking about headers. Is there any significant power gains and gas mileage increase with headers? Or would I be throwing money out the window. Oh, I already have put a 3" exhaust on this pickup
Headers are for show. That's about it. Everyone else who posts after me is going to tell you that they're necessary for torque or high end or whatever but I think headers are for chevies or race cars. You'd never spend enough time revving that Dodge engine to make headers pay for themselves. These engines make their power down low, and the manifolds flow super good anyways so I'd just leave it be. You could maybe change out your downpipes and your cat converter for a high flow one perhaps, that might help out a bit.

I don't think I'd put headers on if I had a set given to me, I'd be too scared of leaks. Then I'd have to get a cowl hood and some bowtie stickers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.