Swapped 1998 2.7 motor with 2000 3.5 motor and now has code of p0551 - power steering pressure sensor. done this swap over several times and this is first time getting this code. Can anyone recommend what I can do?
Typical issue when doing this to a older second gen model.
You need to do the Power Steering Wire Mod.
1. Locate your two main engine harness connectors at the left front of the engine, to the rear of the alternator.
2. Unplug the smaller connector, which is the furthest one back.
3. On the vehicle side of the harness, cut away the electrical tape on the back of the plug and unsnap the cover.
4. There will be a light-blue wire with a green stripe on it in the bottom right corner of the plug. This is the power steering switch wire.
5. Cut the wire about 1 inch from where it mounts into the plug.
6. Attach a 12" piece of 14 gauge wire to the one you just cut with a butt connector.
7. Locate the engine harness ground bolt on the drivers side cylinder head, about half way back. There will be several wires grounding here already.
8. Using an eye terminal, connect your jumper wire to the ground bolt, grounding the p/s switch circuit, and fooling the computer into thinking you have a p/s signal.
9. Clear the codes.