DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 and the transmission keeps going out in it I have replaced it a few times and at first it works great but then it goes right back to not working and doing nothing, this last one I put in was good, strong and had lots of torque, well that is until earlier today when it just stopped working leaving the engine to high rev with no go, however when put in to reverse it would take gear and back up no problem, that's how I managed to get it home. But I'm not understanding why my truck is eating up transmissions? It's an automatic I believe it's the E41AR or something like that it has the OverDrive button on the shifter handle and is 4 wheel. What could be causing this to happen and what can I do to fix it once and for all? It was doing great all the way up to 145,000 miles and now I'm stuck constantly having to replace the transmission and torque converter. Any information and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 and the transmission keeps going out in it I have replaced it a few times and at first it works great but then it goes right back to not working and doing nothing, this last one I put in was good, strong and had lots of torque, well that is until earlier today when it just stopped working leaving the engine to high rev with no go, however when put in to reverse it would take gear and back up no problem, that's how I managed to get it home. But I'm not understanding why my truck is eating up transmissions? It's an automatic I believe it's the E41AR or something like that it has the OverDrive button on the shifter handle and is 4 wheel. What could be causing this to happen and what can I do to fix it once and for all? It was doing great all the way up to 145,000 miles and now I'm stuck constantly having to replace the transmission and torque converter. Any information and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!
remove check valve in transmission line. It should be up by radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts