DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got this car a few months ago & it's really a nice car. It has 198000 miles on it. A hose blew off on the driver side of engine when I started my car that caused a vacuum leak & high idle rpm. I put the hose back on & the idle rpm dropped but still higher than it should be. Code p1294 (vacuum leak or idle air control). I replaced the idle air control valve thinking this will fix the problem since I thought I had fixed the vacuum leak. I still hear a leak when I’m done & discover that the gaskets on the EGR tubes have blown half way out. Replaced the gaskets, cleared the code & my car is running great. A week later & it happened all over again.
I need to know what is causing this to happen & how can I fix it.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Get some starter fluid spray and while the car is running spray around vacuum hoses and such. If the car bucks up that means you found the leak and from there you just replace the hose or gasket.

If anything it might be one of the other EGR gaskets. Could be on the plenum side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but as I wrote I already know where the vacuum leak is "gaskets on the EGR tubes have blown half way out. A week later & it happened all over again. (after I replaced them)
I need to know what is causing this to happen & how can I fix it."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get some starter fluid spray and while the car is running spray around vacuum hoses and such. If the car bucks up that means you found the leak and from there you just replace the hose or gasket.

If anything it might be one of the other EGR gaskets. Could be on the plenum side.
Hello & thank you but as I wrote I already know where the vacuum leak is "gaskets on the EGR tubes have blown half way out. A week later & it happened all over again. (after I replaced them)
I need to know what is causing this to happen & how can I fix it."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.