DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JenMcK
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size serpentine belt is on my truck? 1998 1500 Laramie 5.2L 2WD with the nightmare automatic 46re trans. How can I get the correct Length & width? I know it has 7 ribs. And I have AC. I would prefer a gatorback but I'll take anything at this point. This truck is my daddy's & he is let me borrow it to save money to buy a new truck (since I totaled my car on a beaver) but all my money has gone to fixing this thing The complete front, the transmission & it is at string to have shifting problems again I replaced a solenoid & a sensor & I think I should've replace both solenoids. PLEASE HELP all of the bells that I'm looking at says guaranteed to fit but they're all different sizes. I'm lost!! :bawl:

Thanks y'all!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any parts store will be able to help you, tell them the truck you have and make sure they know it has AC. Oreilly's computers think that some dodge have the A.I.R. system. Which I have NEVER seen on a 2nd gen dodge. Usually on older Shevy's. So if they ask you that, your answer will most likely be no.

AC
2wd
Auto
Thats all they should need to do. The serp belts on these trucks is a really easy one to change.

·
JenMcK
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The starter went out last night too. Least daddy will have an almost new truck before I can get my own.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Have twice used Gatorbacks on my 99,
...#, 4070975 = 97.5" Outside Circumference
...#, 7PK2475 = 2475mm OC
Here in canuckistan Good Year prints both #s on the package.
.. Both times they were certainly longish, but my high mile truck might be the prob.
.. Some/all? Heavy Duty Cycle(HDC) engines used air pumps, and would explain the Oreilly's listing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Key. When I Think Of A.i.r I Think Of The Emissions Equipment On The Old Shevys That Ran Tubes From The Sock Exhaust Manifold To The Cat. I Have Never Seen Dodge DoThis On The 2ND Gen Trucks. So That Is What I Was Referencing.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Threw it out as info so as to avoid getting a wrong belt. Had a bit of a "saga" trying to get the right ones, for both ac and to bypass ac; too short/too long, toooo something, grrrrr.

·
JenMcK
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I'm spoiled to AC so I'll keep buying one till it's right. I thought you were talking about the AC when you said A.i.r. My first vehicle was an 89 Dodge ram but I probably shouldn't say what my favorite car was cause it's a F word (I drag raced my 03) but I liked them until the body change in 05. If I ever get this truck fixed and stays fixed I want challenger SRT. Do I tell them about an a.i.r when I go up there today?

The gaterback was lengthy? Should I get the size before the one it says to get?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The numbers in post#4 are what's listed for my 99 ram 5.2 1500 ac power steering, again, my ole truck has 240k miles, and many more hours. In my neck of the woods, couldn't get a shorter that worked, you may have better luck(measurements given may help).

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
In case it was missed; belt numbers "directly correlate" to it's outside length, be it imperial or metric.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
If I ever get this truck fixed and stays fixed I want challenger SRT.
I want a Challenger SRT regardless! LOl:) Look up your truck on Rockauto and look at the belts. I would go with Dayco. I got my truck it around 60K on it when i replaced the belt. I replaced my water pump just before winter at 160K it was time to replaced the belt also. It was starting to show cracks but was still usable. I look up what is available and get the part #'s before i go to a local parts store. If walk in and ask them they might try to sell you their "house brand". Never know what kind of quality you are getting. I have insisted on Dayco belts since i was i kid when i had a mini bike that loved to eat belts. Out of all the other brands i tried Dayco well out lasted the others.
DAYCO Part # 5070973 is the one for the 5.2 with factory air. The 5070975 is for the 5.9 w air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.