DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 intrepid. Last week it would not start up it would just click and the lights on the dash would blink so I had it towed to the dodge dealership.They could not figure out what was wrong with it. What they did say was that its not the battery,altenator or starter. They had the car for a few days and I was told they just kept checking to see if it would start and sure enough the damn thing started on the third try for them on tuesday and has been starting ever since (well the last couple days) But Im sure it will happen again. If anybody has any info on this please let me know.

-Thanks,
BJEC

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
sounds like you have a loose or bad battery cable-- check them for excessive corrosion-- or possibly your starter solenoid contacts are worn -- hope this helps, 9832

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been experiencing that problem for a year... after new battery, starter and ignition switch. I took it in the dealer...they replaced the CYL Lock (230117002) $87.50 and Switch IG (8050082) $46.50 plus labor... no more problem with starting.
Good luck 9832

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.