DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 97 Dodge v6 van doesn't start... lights blink but when I turn the key nothing happens..any suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dash lights blink on and off and the side hazards and rear brake lights go on and off when I try to start the van.... When I turn the key nothing,,, battery is good...ant hstory of lectrical problems 97 dodge van???

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
That's a new one on me. I'll look through my '97 service manual and see if I can find something out.

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
Do the lights blink without you first turning them on prior to starting?

Typically, a vehicle's alarm system does strange things like this if set to silent prevention.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the response... It was the alarm system,,,, had it taken to the shop and they disabled the alarm so it wouldn't happen again... thanks all...

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Good deal! Post some pics of your van when you can. I think you need 5 or 10 posts to do this though.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
I had that happen with an alarm I had installed several years ago = You had to type in your secret code before it would start .... one day the "brain" of the system died and the car would start for 2 - 3 seconds, then die ...

thanks for the update

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
Glad the advise helped! :)

And welcome to the forums! We all are here to help each other out. Stop by often. ;)

Stev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.