DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the extra cab. I currently have the 6x9 up front and the 5 1/4 in the rear. I have seen that you can put 6.5 in the front and rear with the adapter plate (or at least they say you can). Has anyone done this? The front depth is 3inches so there are not many 6x9's that will work. The rear depth is 2 inches. I would love to drop in some 6.5. Maybe even components.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way...here is my current setup:
1 Alpine 9856
2 10" Ascendant Audio Assassins
2 Clarion 6x9's
2 Clarion 5 1/4's
1 Orion HCCA D2400
1 Crunch 4ch 320Watt

·
Registered
122 Posts
yeah waht bigjoe said, you can use any 1/4" material but as he said plexy works well, I used 1/4" ply wood in my 2001 to fit a set of bostons, just trace your speaker drill out the holes and cut a hole in your new fabed plate where yuo will have the most clearance, It is a good idea to check to see if the wwindow hits the new speaker, then put iut all back together and enjoy...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome...Im going to pick me up some CDT 6.5 Comonents...cant wait to get them installed! Thanks alot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moparram97 said:
yeah waht bigjoe said, you can use any 1/4" material but as he said plexy works well, I used 1/4" ply wood in my 2001 to fit a set of bostons, just trace your speaker drill out the holes and cut a hole in your new fabed plate where yuo will have the most clearance, It is a good idea to check to see if the wwindow hits the new speaker, then put iut all back together and enjoy...
Do you have any pics? What models did you use and did you cut out the speaker grill or leave it in place?

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
leave the factory grille alone its fine where it is, and you dont need a grille on your 6.5" midrange. Im running crystal components in my doors with the 6.5 in the 6x9 spot and the tweeter on that plastic piece at the end of the factory trim by the handle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Joe SS/T said:
leave the factory grille alone its fine where it is, and you dont need a grille on your 6.5" midrange. Im running crystal components in my doors with the 6.5 in the 6x9 spot and the tweeter on that plastic piece at the end of the factory trim by the handle.
Sweet...thats what I was checking out today...that plastic trim area is the perfect spot for a tweeter...I take it there was enough room then? Do you have any pics of your setup? Where did you place the crossoverss?

·
Registered
122 Posts
you can also mount the tweeter right next to you r 6.5 in the old hole and keep it close to your mid, I was told that that will produce the best soudn quality, and in my opinion keep the install clean and stealth... Oh, well just my 2cents, GOOD LUCK

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
post up some pics when you get it done. I'd like to replace the speakers in my doors as well.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
Notalent said:
Sweet...thats what I was checking out today...that plastic trim area is the perfect spot for a tweeter...I take it there was enough room then? Do you have any pics of your setup? Where did you place the crossoverss?
my crossovers are mounted behind the panel under the lock pin about 7" down. there was a large area there and it fit well.

·
catman113
230 Posts
i put infinety 6.5s in my rear doors they fit perfectly the 51/4 the store said wouldnt fit 2001 ram quad cab

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.