DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a 1997 Dodge Stratus on Thurdsday of last week and am now having many problems.

First is shakes when idle...rough changing gears and now the engine light is on. Has squeaking sometimes when pressing gas and coasting.

I took it to autozone and had them see if any codes would come up...and it came up with

p1740- I couldnt find this one ..he said it was a factory code...but he wasnt sure if that was the right number of the code because he erased to fast....

p0740- Torque Converter Clutch Circuit

p0700- Transmission Control System (MIL request)

So my question is do any of you think i need a new transmission or could this possibly just be sensors or something like that?

The car dealership is going to look at it wednesday morning to fix it...
But i dont know if i trust them or not so was wondering others thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance
Kelley

· Registered Hoser
366 Posts
p1740 is a "Rationality error detected in either the torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid or overdrive (O/D) solenoid systems"

Other than that I don't think I can suggest anything. I'm not that good at diagnosing problems via computer codes. Sorry.

· Official qwerty thief
13,979 Posts
i would take a guess that some of the sensors on the tranny itself are junk. This does happen seeing as theres so much electronic stuff on the car, try replacing some nad see what happens either that or your gonna have to take it somewhere nad have it profesionall diagnosed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.