DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have signed the papers on a 1996 2500 with a V-10 and five spped. I am way excited about this truck. I'm going to pick it up after work tomorrow.

I saw it originally about two weeks ago. It was sitting in the back corner, looked pretty beat at first. It was already lifted, not sure how or with what. And it had these really little 33's on it and these terrible white mag wheels. They might have been only 15 inches. Needless to say, I didn't look very long.

I went back Friday night and they had gone and bought brand new tires and wheels feom Les Schwab here in Portland and detailed it inside and out. It is the most amazing red truck that I have seen. Well, that I can afford anyway. :thatfunny

Opened up the truck and the interior was spotless, a non smoker probably and it only has 88k on it. The V-10 ran strong. It's probably going to need a new clutch though. Doesn't engage until you let the pedal almost all the way out. Everything else worked, even the a/c.

2 questions for you guys. 1, I payed 10,999.00 for this truck. Too much, too little, just right? And 2, it's already been lifted with new tires and wheels. I'm 6'8" tall and it's a climb for me into the rig. So yes, it's tall. But the engine is bone stock. I've looked a little on the web and have not found much for the V-10. I know from previous hot rodding, the first step is to make it breathe easier. So I need and better intake and dual exhaust.

Help, help.

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Hello, and welcome to Dodgetalk.com-the best automotive forum on the web!

Be sure and post some pics of your new Ram-we love pics on this site.

Also, there are tons of information here on this site, just click on search and enter your topic.

Again, welcome!

(Be sure to join the Red Truck Club-see link below)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Sounds like a hell of a truck. There's several of the site sponsors that offer performance products for your rig, and there's plenty of V10 guys out here to point you in the right direction. Another good spot to post up is in the "Performance" area of the 2nd Gen Ram.

Good luck and lets see some pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have been cruising the site for the last 3 hours and is there ever a lot of info here. I'm really glad I found this board, completely by accident.

First thing I'm gonna do after I get my truck tomorrow is get a camera. The second is find a big mud hole. Screw the detail!!

Willlet you all know as she turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.