Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 Neon needs rear struts

When I drive I hear a kind of thud noise from the rear even over small road imperfections. Do I need struts? Does anyone know if I can just buy the struts and have Pep Boys or the like replace the springs from the old struts onto the new ones? I can do the replacement but compressing springs concerns me.... I know I'll need an alignment. :help:

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
I got my ACR @ 37K Mi. It has thumped ever since I got it. If I am not mistaken alot of these cars have the thump in the rear. One time trout fishing in the mountains here in WV. I seen a white 1st gen scootin up the gravel road, It was thumping WAY more than my car, then again they were not going slow. I think it has more to do with the spring and where it meets the seat on the strut. I doubt it is from bad struts. The reason I strongly agree with this is, the rear end of that car only weighs about 900 lbs.
If any struts were to go bad, it would most likely be the front two.

If you really like your car and want to spend a few bucks for good "really good" struts. You should look at a set of Koni adjustables, They cost some cash but are well worth more than their weight in gold. IMHO. Your car will act like a different machine with the Koni's. It will go from being a blast to drive to being exhilarating to drive! Good Luck!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sounds like you have a strut mount rotted out.
They are separate from the strut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.