DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is refrigerator white. A real sleeper color, with monochrome wheels. But here is the problem. The FN paint just falls off the car. I've had nearly every panel repainted (and they are all fine) but the original paint continues to fall like the leaves in Fall. What were they thinking? Did they paint it with a brush? :VHOT:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
No, they primed it with a brush. ;)

Actually i read up on the reason somewhere. It does have something to do with the primer they used. It was supposed to be environmentally friendly or something (probably cheaper too) but it didnt react so hot with the paint they laid over it, especially the white and the blue.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I heard that the sealer on the panels got sealed and then sat over night without paint on them. That allowed the sealer to harden and not accept the paint when it was painted. :dunno: for sure.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
I agree with Rice! If you want any paint to stay on the car you will have to strip it down past the white paint. Get all the factory white paint off or it might begin to peel when you srpay it with more paint. I seen this happen on the white donor door I had.
We sanded it down smooth and got rid of all the peeling paint, then when it was hit with the paint base coat it began to lift again. (the factory white paint) Sooo we took t all down to bare metal primed it and painted. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
the problem with 1st gen paint is all in the primer... the primer is mixed wrong if u ask me but idk to me its too glossy or they let it dry to much before painting the car the color.... or im not really sure but all i know is the problem is the primer not the paint itself... u basically have to strip the car all the way down like acr said and reprime it with good primer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.