DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 dodge ram 1500 2wd pickup with 212,832 miles and whenever the overdrive is on it starts to shake about fifty mph and stops around sixty mph but if i hit the overdrive off button it does not shake.... but before it starts to shake it seems the motor gets quiet???

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
Might be torque converter clutch chatter. Usually happens in OD when the engine RPM's are low and the torque demand from the engine is the highest.

Others will chime in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
sounds exactly like what mine was doing, any time I feathered the throttle a little at 45- 50 mph it would start vibrating like driving on the rumble strips. The torque converter is shot, search around, you'l find that this is pretty chronic with these trucks.....the OEM TC is made out of plastic and when they fail like that it wrecks the rest of the tranny(oil can't move to where it's needed because of the bits of plastic floating around. I drove mine like that for 20K before it finally failed completly. Just got mine out of the shop today after a complete tranny rebuild, it's nice not to have to worry about that particular problem anymore! Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you i have tried talking to everyone i know and they just told me it was a spark problem which i did not think was the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.