DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I many look at one this weekend and want to know what to look for. It is a long bed with a 318 and that is all i know at this time.I have heard that the transmission are no good bc they are small-from the Dakota. Any other stuff thanks

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
oil leaks- down the throat of the throttle body- youll need a flash light- pooling is bad.
coolant temp spikes.
sloppy shifts- slow engaugement of gears

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a '95 1500 4x4 lareme w/ 8ft bed. It's been a good truck. The starter gave out at 90k, the tranny (46rh, which are hard to find) started having issues at 130k, one of the headlights got full of condensation at 140k, & now the headliner is falling down at 150k.
Mike Sal

·
Why..So..Serious??
179 Posts
Had a 2000 318, reverse went out at 125k. A/C went out at 100k.

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
Bought my black Ram 1500 4X4 with 48,000 miles on it. The only real problem I had was the heater core spring a leak. I did not go wheeling with it but towed a few trailers from Elkhart,Ind. to the Louisville,Ky. area. Also towed a few barns on a 7'6" X 16' utility. Wished I did not trade it, but that 2002 was a great deal!

Attachments

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Only rust I have is the brake line and bottem of the doors. Brake lines are new and the doors getting fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.