DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to the forum but if anyone could help me find a remedy to my problem. The splines on the power steering coupler that connects the power steering gearbox to the steering column have gotten worn out. This has resulted in the steering wheel becoming useless as it free-spins without turning the wheels. I have searched all over the web and in all the junkyards near me for the part to no avail. I am getting desperate because I'm 18 and my 1993 dodge ram b150 van is my only mode of transportation other than my bike. If someone can lead me in the direction of this part that would be amazing!!!! Thank you in advance.
-Baxter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are you talking about the rag joint or the spleen shaft teeth on the power steering unit? You have a photo of the part?
The rag joint is a consumable part, so you should be able to find the coupler.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with punkstarick---but here my outtake of this---it's hard for me to believe that the splines wore-out since this coupler slides on splined shaft then it's pinned with bolt that squeezes it together---there a groove in the splined shaft that the bolt has to go thru to lock this coupler on to the shaft--(some have roll pin)---in order for that to strip the splines--- the locking bolt had to be missing----usually the flex joint (rag--trunion joint ) between the steering box and steering shaft has worn out or failed---as far as this goes if the splines are stripped(????) you will have to replace the steering box

1 - 5 of 5 Posts