DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a deisel truck, does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these trucks ? Or possibly a picture ? Need to know what one would go for withy 107,000 miles on it ? In good shape ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have a 1992 3/4 ton extended cab with the diesel. i got lucky though, got mine for $1 from my father in law. mine is 2wd (well 1wd no limited slip) but i have been very impressed. my mileage is at 109000 right now which i'm sure others will chime in, is nothing for this engine. i was reading a thread somewhere yesterday where a guy claimed 1,250,000 and still trucking on a first gen dodge.
onto looks... i had to learn to love it... but now i can say through and through i love the look of the first gens. the picture posted is not my truck, i don't have a good shot of it, i will post one of mine tomrrow. as far as a price, i've seen people ask $9,999 for a 2wd with 220,000 and i saw one the other day for $2250. you didn't say if you are buying or selling. if you are buying, you might get a good deal since the truck doesn't appeal to most. if you are selling same situation applies only it's to your disadvantage.
ok i've rambled a bit... here are my final thought. if the truck is in decent shape $5,000-$6,000 for 2wd and maybe a little higher for a 4x4. as far as good or bad things to say.... i only have good things to say, if you like power, you've got a bunch stock but you options are practically limitless. longevity is amazing you can't go wrong with the CTD just keep the body together and the motor will last forever.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, people have told me they were no good for towing and they had alot of problems ..Was wondering if that was true and what kind of milage i could expect from one of these,being a deisel...I know the cummings in 1994 and 96 are good.Due to the fact our company has them,But the 96 has alot more poer as far as from a stop...But the 94 is good also,just not as peppy...Was wondering how this would rate...Am gonna go and look at one,But wanted to find out what they were like...was thinking of buying one,yes...10,000 is what the guy is asking,seems alot for it...4x4 is what it is...Dont know the shape...says 107k on ot....

·
Registered
82 Posts
as far as towing these things are beasts. and 107k is not really even broken in. there are some simple things you can do (for a few hundred bucks) that will increase your power, if you put a thread in the Diesel Tech section i'm sure some guys that have second generation dodges will chime in. i can tell you that 94 is the new body style will be easier to find dress up parts and aftermarket stuff, there just isn't a huge market for the 1st gen. here's a pic of my truck
also where are you located? maybe someone on here knows of a good truck for sale

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
well your location is makeing the asking price sound more reasonable. let me know if you have any other spcific questions, i'll try to help if i can... i'm in middle Tenn, i can keep my eyes out, but it'd have to be a pretty good deal for you to travel all the way across the country. keep us posted on the search.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Agreed with everyone else here. The CTD is one tough motor and will run for a long time, but they usually bring top dollar. As long as the truck itself is in good shape, you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL,YES It would have to be almost free,and then the airfare and the gas back would be worth the trip...Its hella expensive out this way...Hell one truck i am looking at now went for 28,000 new and now they are asking close to 20 for it used with a hundred thousand miles on it ....Nowhere else but here.....Right ? Or is it the same way out there ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i know a lot of people around here that look for trucks from texas... fly out and drive them back. i am guessing there is just less rust there? not sure. but it may not be as expensive as you think. nashville is about 23XX miles from you, assuming 2500 miles at 15 mpg (you should get better than that) with gas at $2/gallon that would only cost you like $333.33 so texas would be a lot cheaper. if you were to fly from san fransico to nashville TN, flyi.com has a one way flight for $204 so as long as you don't mind almost 2500 miles of driving, lol. looks like the actual travel costs are at like $550 plus food (and a hotel if you don't want to sleep in the truck). just a thought before you assume you have to buy out of the market you live in!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Currently at 210,000m. Mods in my sig. Roughly 18mpg before mods, I'm still goofing around too much to know if the mpg has gone up.

Problems? None to speak of. However, due to stop-light drag racing, I've managed to tear the center hub out of the flex-plate, broke a tooth of the pinion gear, and ruin two sets of rear tires spinning the rim in the bead.
And that was before the mods! :D

As far as mess plain wore out . . . . . 1 water pump, 1 throttle position sensor, the fan blade came apart once, stock turbo at 205,000m, serpentine belt tensioner . . . . . . that's about it. It's been an outstanding value!

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey BC847, what size are the tires and where are the rims from? i'd love to get a better looking set of rims on the truck with some wider tires. i'm gonna put a leveling kit on my truck and a locking diff. in the rear (trying to make up for the fact that it's only 2wd) thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Micaiahfied said:
hey BC847, what size are the tires and where are the rims from? i'd love to get a better looking set of rims on the truck with some wider tires. i'm gonna put a leveling kit on my truck and a locking diff. in the rear (trying to make up for the fact that it's only 2wd) thanks
BF Goodrich AT LT 305/70 R16 tires mounted on Centerline Bullet series rims (http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheels_detail.php?mw_id=7&sw_id=48)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.