DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi gang. I'm not really a Dodge guy, a Yotaman actually. I'm trying to help my father get his car up and running for him. I am trying to replace /repair his
u-joints X 3 on his auto tranny, AWD, drive shaft. The dealer wanted $114 for each, usually around $25 and they only had one. I have been unable to remove two of them, due to the rust. The one I did get off seemed like it would be ok if I repacked it, so I don't want to use heat incase I have to reuse them all.

If someone has a source for the u-joints or a good part number that can be used for after market parts it would be appreciated. If not, any tips on how to remove those rusted spring clips, that have been soaking in WD-40 for four days, without damaging the u-joint or yoke would be welcome.

Sorry to put you through the ringer on the first post, but if you have any Yota Q's you're more than welcome to visit the Toyotanation.

Admin: Feel free to delete this post, as it been reposted in Intrepid talk. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

You've given us everything except what Dodge model and year it is and that would be a big help for us to help you...

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Intrepid Talk should give you the answers you seek.

More coffee will give me the eyesight the ability to read and comprehend what the title of this thread means....1992 Eagle 2000gtx

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
There's no such car as a 1992 Eagle 2000Gtx.

But hey, we're always glad to have a new member! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's no such car as a 1992 Eagle 2000Gtx.
Try a google search!
After checking it out, you still feel the same way, I'll go rebadge it to something you feel would be more appropriate.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
gtxer said:
Try a google search!
After checking it out, you still feel the same way, I'll go rebadge it to something you feel would be more appropriate.
Well I did and I didnt come up with any pics whatsoever. You mentioned the car was Canadian. What is the American equivalent to this car?

The 1992 Eagle lineup in the US consisted of:

the Premier, a full-sized sedan whose sister was the Dodge Monaco. They were AMC left-overs, so to speak, and went out of production when the LH (Vision, Concorde, Intrepid) debuted the following year

the Summit, a Mitsubishi compact car rebadged also as the Plymouth Colt. There were sedan, coupe, and funky looking wagons offered, and none of them are common.

and the Talon, a Mitsubishi Eclipse which also could be had as a Plymouth Laser

So my guess by the name "2000GTX" is a version of the Dodge Stealth, since that car wasn't sold in Canada to my knowledge. Is that what you have?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dodge 2000GTX and Mitsu Gallant
According to Kenny, it became the Intrepid. I tried to insert a link with pics, but was unable to get it to work. Try a search at Canadiandriver.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
gtxer said:
Dodge 2000GTX and Mitsu Gallant
According to Kenny, it became the Intrepid. I tried to insert a link with pics, but was unable to get it to work. Try a search at Canadiandriver.
I'm not having any success. Do you have a picture of the car you could post? I am a Mopar historian of sorts and this car isnt on my radar at all. I'd really like to see it!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Ok, now I see what you have! It's a Galant, but with an Eagle badge. I believe that is the car that was called "Summit" here in the US. (the sedan version of it anyway)

So some of them are Dodges, and some are Eagles? Which is more common?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.