Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I am picking up a 1992 Dodge Power Ram 150 with the EFI 318, 4x4, short bed tomorrow.

I am paying $4300 for it, the body is mint, was stored for 4 years before the current owner and he has only had it for 6 mos. Brand new paint job about 2 years ago (silver with 2 black racing stripes), new tires, rims, bed liner, toneu (sp?) cover and such. Very nice looking truck. The stereo is supposedly about $1000, towing package, reese hitch etc.

Just curious what you thought about the price (again no leaks found, 4x4 works, body is straight and clean, truck runs good).

Also curious about what I should look for being a new dodge truck owner. What type of problems do these trucks have? The truck has 125,000 original miles on it.

Any info would be great!

Andy

EDIT: I do know the owner replaced the power steering pump and it has been a while since I drove a truck that was lifted a tad, but is it normal to bounce a bit from side to side with the bigger tires? It seems like it bounces back and forth a bit in the lane, is this the tires or is this something more serious like tie rods, etc?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any good manuals I can purchase that would show the replacement procedure for the shocks and steering stabilizer? From my experience tie rods typically should be done by a mechanic with a way to align the front end right?

Is there anything I should check before picking it up? Torn bushings or anything?

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
i really dont know.. i know my truck was all over the road, it really was not safe at all.. so we bought new shocks and a steering stabilizer.. and while my dad was installing them, he found the tie rods were ****ed up.. so we went ahead and bought those.. and it rides pretty damn good now! my dad knows every detail about my truck though.. so, i dont know what to tell you.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
You can try Ebay for a factory service manual for your truck...these are much better than the Chiltons or Haynes manuals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.