DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought my son this truck. It doesn’t start. The previous owner have the ECM on the floor in the cab, he said it needs to be replaced. I checked with dealership, it’s not OEM judging by the part number. I can’t find one to replace it with anywhere. I’m worried if I send the one that was in the cab of the truck out to be rebuilt, it will come back and be the wrong one. It’s about $350 to send it out. Should I call around to junk yards to try to find one with the correct part number on it and send that one out? What do I do if I can’t find one? I called 4 parts stores and a local dealership already. Any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
You should have posted in the first gen section. You need to know what motor and trans it has. There are different #'s for different configurations. Congrats to your son, When i was looking i couldn't find a extended cab for the life of me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, we’re new to this forum stuff. I’ll find that section. I know what engine and know the tranny is a 4 spd light cycle so maybe someone can tell me what to do next. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
ECM/PCM go by the oem #'s depends on what engine/transmission it has(also Cali emissions) I don't have the specific #'s list but if you contact someone who deals/rebuilds them they can help you. Also the dodge dealer (parts dept) should be able to help. Did a search on rockauto and came up with two #'s 4557001 4557007 both for a 5.9 manual trans (out of stock).
1990 DODGE W150 PICKUP 5.9L 360cid V8 Engine Control Module (ECM Computer) | RockAuto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts