DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I recently purchased a 1989 Dakota. I have a complete 1995 Dakota front end. Just curious if there is more involved that just removing the grille and headlights and replacing it with the 95 front clip. Thanks to all. Justin. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
456 Posts
the core support needs changed

·
Registered
103 Posts
i would assume to swap the core support just drill some spot welds and/or take bolts out. do it, i like the later front end :rck:

·
Registered
456 Posts
thats exactly it. its two bolts and its out after taking fenders off. the reason you need to change the core support is when dodge put the 318 in the 91 they needed more room for a maechanical fan the core support allows that with more room in the front, and thats why the 91-96 have a curved front end while 87-90 is flatter

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
The hood on the newer 1st gens is also slightly different

·
Registered
87 Posts
you can prob find a 95 dakota for cheap and just start working on that one i see them on ebay for like 500 bucks all the time just an idea seems like a big pain in the ass to do a swap like that when you can just buy one for pretty cheap

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its really a pretty simple bolt on deal if you have the whole front end anyway. The fenders are no different you only have to change core support,grill and headlights,front bumper and hood.

·
Stroked & TKO'd
111 Posts
I have an 87 Dakota with a 92 front clip. From experience I can tell you, all you need to do is change the core support, the grill, and relocate the hood latch. THe hood are identical, the laches are in different location because of the new core support hape. But that's about it. I did change my hood because I went to an AAR fiberglass hood. I modified my latch from the old hood so that wasn't a problem for me. I still have my old core support as well, it was just modified to resemble the new still cores. If you want I can post pics of my truck I can and will. Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.