DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, was replacing lights in instrument cluster, and when I got through, the gas gauge and oil pressure gauge both were completely dead. Dropped down to empty (on the 'E'), and the oil pressure down to zero. Is there a connector or something I could have knocked loose?? Doesnt make sense for them to stop working at same time after Ive been in dash.... I am thinking the temp gauge isnt working either, because it hasnt moved either. Thanks in advance.

·
Joe Dirt is my hero.
14 Posts
It seems fairly obvious that you either disconnected a plug of some sort or knocked a wire loose. The only way to know, is to go back and do it all over again, pull the dash and see whats going on back there. A test light or volt-meter may come in handy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are two connectors on the back of the instrument cluster. One is rectangular with a bump so loks like an L, the other is round and has a guide pin so can't be plugged in incorrectly. Both have to be fully seated or the gauges can get wonkey. Also, you might have jarred the gauge set that went south on ya loose. It connects only by some guide pins that double as electrical connectors. BUT for this to happen, the two gauges have to be missing their hold down bolts so it's probably the main connector on the back that is round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.