DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've owned my 89 D100 for about 7 years now and have poured 7 years worth of blood sweat and $$$ into it. and yes,i'm an old guy for you younger bucks. here is a partial list of the things i've done to my truck in the last 7 years.

1. new paint,was black with red pinstripes...now it is gunmetal gray.also put on emblems from a newer model ram.replaced the old tattered ram head with a bright new shiny chrome one.
2. new tires and american racing chrome wheels
3. sprayed in bedliner
4. low profile diamond plate toolbox,diamond plate tailgate cap and chrome bed rails
5. flowmasters with duel exhaust and chrome tips
6. new side mirrors...more like stock.the ones that came on it were little ugly mirrors???
7. new rubber around the doors and windows
8. billet grill
9. new headlight surrounds and new tail light covers(stock)
10. new chrome back bumper...came with a steel bumper
11. power sun roof
12. viper alarm system with remote start
13. put in a back window with the slide opening
14. tinted the windows

ok i think that just about covers the outside ...now for the inside

1. gray leather bucket seats from ....i think it was a 2002 or 2003 ram
2. repainted dash to a dove gray...the interior was burgundy
3. new carpet
4. new cloth headliner...gray now,had a little water leak and it needs replacing now.will replace it with a new black one...corrected the leaking problem...
5. auto-meter guages in a billet aluminum bezel
6. put in power windows and power door locks
7. completely redid the door panels. sprayed the panels with bedliner and put gray panels to cover the holes left from the window cranks
8. the dash panel got a coat of bedliner too with a carbon fiber overlay with billet light switch and billet wiper control...moved the wipers off the column...work in progress...
9. column...new steering wheel and billet column dress up goodies...
10. custom diamond plate door sills
11. billet aluminum pedals(gas,brake and e-brake) and rear view mirror
12. billet aluminum interior light
13. billet aluminum bright switch on the floor...still needs to be installed

aight,now for the sound....for any of the youngsters that might still be reading this post...

1. head unit...a real cheapo but it looks good and functions well. it's a sound storm double din dvd touch screen.
...the rest is real quality...
2. 2 rockford amps mounted in a custom backboard behind the seats
3. 4 rockord tweeters mounted in the headliner
4. 4 rockford mids mounted down low two in the custom kicks and two in the console box
5. 1 10" rockford power sub mounted in a custom center console.
6. center console has 2 chrome cup holders and a lift up arm rest to show the power sub,back lit with blue leds...4 switches on it,2 windows,sunroof and door locks
7. all wiring is stinger
8. batcap hidden in the console
9. rockford digital capacitor

i'm sure i've forgotten some goodies but can't think of any more right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would love to see pics of the interiror that you sprayed with bed liner. I was thinking about doing the same thing.

·
RAM IT!!!
297 Posts
Holy crap man, I would love to see my 90 like that someday. Sounds cool. Got any pics???

·
Registered
167 Posts
:tup: Sounds like a real nice ride. I also can't wait till you can post some pics.
What's under the hood?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are some pics...some are a bit blurry i just uploaded em all.

i think this may be my 5th post so link in next post lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's a beautiful truck you have there!!!
I can appreciate all the hard work you have into it.
Very classy!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a beautiful truck you have there!!!
I can appreciate all the hard work you have into it.
Very classy!
Thanks for sharing.
thanks. it's a work in progress...a daily driver so it will probably always be a work in progress

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you may notice it those pics that my current project is to complete the lower right part of the dash. i have a guy making me a custom billet aluminum plate for my heater control. i will be putting billet knobs on the bass control and adding abillet cigarette lighter,backed by more carbon fiber. same guy is making me billet pulls for my hood and e-brake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well my custom guy did a great job with my billet pulls but unfortunately has come down with some serious health problems before starting the heater control plate.i have went on with plan B so i can finish my dash.hopefully i will finish it before the weekend and get some pics up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lawdy lawdy...You're my idol... Hope to get there some day. I have the D250 & just posted my tranny story, which i hope is the beginning of my adventure to achieve something as nice as u have. What's this about old guys?? I'm 53 and only my body knows it, the rest is upstairs and u r showing what that can accomplish. Thanks for the pics', I saved some to remind me of my goals. Thanks again.

·
RAM IT!!!
297 Posts
That is A LOT of sound for a standard cab. Mommy............christmas present please???? The bi
llet dash looks cool too......I want that......sir, your truck is now a basis for mine.

·
DJ HEMI
185 Posts
Looking forward to the update.
dont mean to be a thread jacker but is there any way you can pm me some if on ur 5.7 swap???? ive been planin on doin this for some time just dont know how to start

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
dont mean to be a thread jacker but is there any way you can pm me some if on ur 5.7 swap???? ive been planin on doin this for some time just dont know how to start
Why don't you just PM the guy?

And this Ram is NICE. I like the interior alot. Unless you got those seats out of a 2002 diesel, they are from a 2nd gen Ram. They are from a 98-01 (gas) or 98-02 (diesel)

And where did you get that grill. My buddy has the same square tubing one like you have but his is starting to get some surface rust so he wants to buy a new one. He just got a $5000 dollar paint job so his grill is next on the list.

·
DJ HEMI
185 Posts
yes sorry if i offended any one..... and that is a great truck! the carbon fiber looks sick!love the DD radio planing on doin that as well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.