DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting 4" skyjacker springs on the rear of this truck I'm trying to build...1988 W150...went to get everything bolted together and according to my manual, I'm missing some kind of plate or "seat" that sits on top of the rear springs and is notched to accommodate the u-bolts to keep them in place...I don't remember this "seat"(as the manual calls it) being present on the old springs when we took it apart...now, it's been 5 years since then so my memory might be a bit foggy, but I do not remember these being there. My question is, do I need these "seats" or can the u bolts just rest on the springs themselves? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
363 Posts
There's usually a plate with a locator hole for the center bolt, so everything stays in place. Otherwise, the u-bolts could shift. It kind of depends on your setup. If the springs sit on top of the axle and bolt from the top, there needs to be a plate there to locate the bolts and spread the load. If the springs are under the axle, then usually they bolt from the bottom with the plate at the bottom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts