DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 D150, 2WD, w/ 86000 miles, and its in good condition. My OIL PRESSURE GAUGE is always 1 or 2 marks from the "Lowest(L) Point". Should I be worried at all. How do I fix it? Thanks. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
My 87 had a bad sending unit fron the factory when I got it new. Turn the key on and it showed pressure before the engine was cranked. New sending took care of that plus showed more pressure while running. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
56 Posts
5.99 from autozone p/n:OP23481 for the pressure sending unit , will be easy to install also , so no harm in trying it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
These engines run as low as 6PSI at curb idle. Get yourself a good oil pressure gauge just to be sure.

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
My oil pressure has also alwasy been in the 1 to 2 tick mark. I never worried because it runs fine.

How hard is it to install the new pressure sending unit from autozone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
su

depending on what motor i think they are right on the back of the engine. Remove the air cleaner and look around the distributor there should be a sender with a small wire connected to it on the back of the engine block.
try avoid the mechanical senders and guages that require a small line that sends oil from your block right to the guage in your cab i dont like these they get air locked sometimes and arent accurate and or the plastic line breaks and u get oil everywhere :VHOT:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine has always rested one or two tics above zero also- the original owner said it did it when it was new also. Maybe I'll spend the $6 at auto zone and see if it fixes it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.