DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the process of removing the air pump on my omni, and i am wondering if they are re-buildable. mine is seized, i don't know how bad or even if they are fixable. i am having a problem passing the emissions test that we have here in ontario, Canada. any help is appreciated
chris

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
They're rebuildable...the one's you buy at the parts store are rebuilt....just put a reman. from Cardone on my '85 van last weekend. It may be just as well for you to do the same since I don't have a clue where you would find the parts to rebuild one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to look into getting rebuild kits for it, im sure that it is a lot cheaper than getting a re-man one...im sure that i can do it my self...i hope...thanks

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
air pump...87 omni

well after a lot of pounding ( and swear words) i got the air pump apart, replaced a bearing and cleaned up all the carbon,and put all back together the pump is alive again. i have to go for a re-test for the emissions. the car still runs like a bag of s**t. i know carb'd cars run rough when cold....i can't take my foot off the gas to let it idle....the choke works, ass well as the high idle, it runs like it is running on 3 cyls....once i get going on the road, and it warms up, its runs as good as a 19 yr old car can.....but still the cold it a problem.....anyone have any suggestions???
chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.