DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched from throttle body due to issues..
Installed edelbrock 2176 intake, Holley 600 cfm 4 bbl carb, Good night style distributor. Also added mechanical fuel pump and did away with in tank fuel pump. Have had the truck to three shops. Timing is supposedly right(not sure what it is set at). Pump the gas to start it cranks right up, idles pretty smooth. Put it in gear it seems fine, give it gas it falls flat on its face. If I easy in to it or let if and give more throttle it will take off.. after I get going it seems to run fine..it is a 100 percent stock 318 any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get rid of all of the other items that go along with the tbi. The tbi setup uses a different distributor, timing is controlled by the ecm so with the lack of temp sensors and the other crap that the ecm uses to control everything fuel and timing related it can not work properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get rid of all of the other items that go along with the tbi. The tbi setup uses a different distributor, timing is controlled by the ecm so with the lack of temp sensors and the other crap that the ecm uses to control everything fuel and timing related it can not work properly.
I did I actually am using an hei distributor and eliminated the ecu. It’s all mechanical now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts