DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986 dodge d250 with a 360 engine in it it has been sitting since 2012 but parked when running went to start it turns over just fine but no spark it did fire once but not enough to get it running need help

·
Red Trucker
2,645 Posts
No spark as in it wouldn't kick over or no spark as in you actually tested and there is in fact no spark?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 74 W100 (360, 4x4, Auto) that has been sitting for just about as long and turns over but won’t start – no spark. I presume yours has the same electronic ignition as mine.

I’ve been wondering if doing the GM HEI conversion might help.

·
Registered
1976 Dodge D100 Custom Utiline 360 A-833 OD trans.
604 Posts
Lot of info left out here. You are saying it sat for the better part of 8yrs, did you do any prep work to get it going? drain gas tank? rebuild carb? replace fuel filter, change oil, rad fluid etc? You said it fired once, but died so you prob have spark. Fuel related issues are usually are the culprit if something has been sitting a while.

Just need some more info to diagnose. It sounds like it sat for 8yrs and just went out and expected it to run.

Reactions: hixs

·
Registered
39 Posts
It helps if you squirt some (little) oil in each cylinder since it has been sitting so long--this will help build compression and I totally agree that more prep and info is needed--- to expect it to start up w/out prepping you need HARRY POTTER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts