DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi if anyone have information about where the chassis/frame number is located, have been looking but not sure where they are

·
Registered
41 Posts
Frequently you can find your VIN number in one of the following locations: on the driver's side door jam (sometimes on the passenger's side), under the windshield on the driver's side, near the firewall of the vehicle or on the steering column.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there supposed to have a number stamped on the frame itself near the wheel arch?
Factory VIN should be on the driver's side dash.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Isnt there a number stamped on the frame? Have been told its the chassis number on the frame itself not the body

·
Registered
260 Posts
Surest way to find it is to hit Ebay for the factory service manual.

One chapter will cover vehicle I.D.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My 1984 van had a tag with the VIN and all the option codes screwed to the firewall behind the battery. But it most definitely had the VIN on the driver's side dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your reason for this is what since the id number is on dash/door/doorpost----------------https://www.google.com/search?q=location+chassis%2Fframe+number+1986+dodge+b200&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS767US767&oq=location+chassis%2Fframe+number+1986+dodge+b200&aqs=chrome..69i57.39571j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
381 Posts
Depending on year/make/model the VIN number will be in multiple locations. All American cars have a VIN under the windshield since the late 60's. There is no such thing as a "chassis number" on any modern car after 1953. The frame of your vehicle may or may not have a VIN stamped into it, or on a sticker, or other part numbers. VINs are assigned early in a vehicles manufacture process and may be stamped on literally every exterior panel, or on stickers or decals attached to many parts of the car as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there supposed to have a number stamped on the frame itself near the wheel arch?

Isnt there a number stamped on the frame? Have been told its the chassis number on the frame itself not the body
I've seen the VIN stamped on the frame on the passenger side behind the front tire. Underneath where your feet sit I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts