DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my daughter this truck last fall and I'm just getting around to working on the defroster issue that she had last year. After removing the dash, I found the issue. As others have posted on here, the rubber connector that plugs into the plastic connector of the harness, has disintegrated to powder and all of the lines are hanging loose behind the dash.

I have read a lot of old posts on here about the heater vacuum lines and I have the diagrams that members have supplied. Can somebody tell me if I am looking at the back of the connector or the front of the connector in those diagrams?

The heater controller assembly was also broke, so I did find one from an '88 at a local junkyard that I'm replacing it with. The rubber side of the connector is completely intact on this one.

So, will the vacuum lines come out of the rubber connector so that I can insert my lines into that connector? I tried to pull on them, but it seemed to have stretched the vacuum line rather than coming out of the connector. I do not know if I should even be worried about this if there is a better solution, as in using individual vacuum line splices.

One more question. The diagrams all show a black line connecting to a check valve and then a violet vacuum line from the check valve to the connector. I do not see a check valve, and our truck has a black line at the connector, not a purple. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any help that I can get.

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 dakota 360 40 over
1 Posts
I have 93 dakota v6 magum but I'm swap it with a 360 magum bored 40 over but I'm need to kno does it matter what Pistons to use cause I'm putting a twin turbos kit an how much boots can I ride with a 40 over 360 magum an get the heads shaved ??????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts