DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have bought some doors that have electric windows but my original truck did not. How do I get the new doors to work with the electrical windows? Is there something extra I need?

·
Registered
1976 Dodge D100 Custom Utiline 360 A-833 OD trans.
596 Posts
Well in a word... yes.

You will need to bring switched power into the door. something that you will have to manufacture as there isn’t anything there to start with. not really hard, but tedious. I would go back to the donor and grab as much of the door harness and connectors as you can get as a starting point.

You do realize that the body lines from 1985 are not the same as 1980 so the doors will look out of place.

To me the swap isn’t worth it, you don’t gain much with power windows over the stock wind up windows, not to mention the power windows will break at some point whereas the mechanical winders work forever. I guess not having to lean across the seat to roll down the passenger window is a plus. You could gut the 1985 doors and install the power parts into your 1980 doors. That too may take some fabrication. Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts