DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

First of all, I’m new here, I’m quite new to Dodge and I am hoping to read a learn a lot here to improve my skills on maintaining my Dodge van.

I live in The Netherlands where Dodge parts are quite hard to come by and you’ll need a new mortgage just to fill up your car with gasoline.

Recently I purchased a 1985 Dodge B250 van with a ‘new’ 1998 5.9L V8 engine running on LPG (a lot cheaper). It drives like a dream but since a few weeks I’ve been having some problems with it. The engine stalls. And not when I’m waiting in front of a red light or any other relatively safe situation. No it stalls while driving and 9/10 times it happens in a turn, when I remove my foot from the gaspedal and slow down. It has never happend while driving on the highway. There is no stuttering, sputtering or any other indication the engine is having a hard time, it just dies on me without any warning. Sometimes it doesn’t happen for a few days, sometimes it happens 3 times a day.

We’ve been trying to determine what causes it, but it is quite hard to narrow it down. We think it might have something to do with an rpm drop after releasing the gaspedal.
Other than that we are looking to replace all the filters in the LPG evaporator and possibly check all the wiring for damage and causes of short circuits.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome as we are a bit in dark here!

Thank you!

Julian Tailleur

Automotive parking light Car Plant Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, in my short time on Dodge Talk I already learned the Idle Air Controle (IAC) valve is a good one to check out!

Just ordered one for a whooping €59,- but at least it wont take 3 weeks to get here, but just two..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts