DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a coworker of mine just picked up a 1984 Dodge D150 prospector with the 318 for 500 bones... basically just a daily driver to get to work and back.

I have search over the web and I can't find much information on it. She says that it has a bed cab but its not removable and it has a 2nd row of seats that can be removed from under the bed cap.

She said that the tranny and engine was inspected by her husbands work (mechanic shop) and it looks great for its age, nothing wrong, interior is nearly perfect considering the age, and the only thing wrong is the dash lights are out (probably a fuse) and fuel gauge doesnt work, minor issues...

She said it has a 30+ gallon fuel tank, new alternator, starter, running boards, carborator, dual cams (Holly she thinks). The previous owner was gonna fix it up but decided against it.

She said its also a 4x4 but you have to manually adjust it on the hubs.

When she started it up for the first time this morning in 30-40* weather, it started right up like a champ.

Is there anything that she should keep an eye out out for, some hints/tips to get better mileage on the cheap, anything she should know about this vehicle?

Thanks in advance guys... Maybe one day if she gets all that stuff installed by her husbands mechanic shop and she's lookin to upgrade later, I might try and get it from her and throw a 10" lift and 37's or something and just use it as a mud cruiser :rck: lol

-David

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
sounds like a 2wd ramcharger prospector...do you mean dual quads (carbs?), I say this because 84 did not have dual cams...unless you mean the big one and the distrib cam...he hehe he(that was put there because speed fins and Volar would call me on it)

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This a pretty good truck then eh? And I guess she meant dual carbs, I knew Holly is a brand for Carborators but i think she said "gold cams" or something like that... i dunno, but the dual carbs sound right...

any info you know on this beast? I happened to pass her husband driving it yesterday on the road and its a good lookin rig IMO!

-David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.