DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have an 1982 dodge w350 with and 360 under the hood. I want to install keyless entry, remote start and an alarm system. Can anyone give me any advice about how to go about installing these three items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red Trucker
2,583 Posts
So you have a completely analog truck that's barely out of the 70's and the only real electronics in it are your ignition box, stereo and maybe the cluster and you wanna install things that absolutely require some form of electronic interface...?

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the keyless entry you would need to convert the manual door locks to electric, not a hard task. This would give you something to hook the keyless entry to.
Alarms are pretty much straight forward. Not hard to install. Finind the right waires to disable the ingition would be the hard part.
The remote starter is the tricky part. Your truck probably has a convention carbs with an automatic choke. These chokes are set by pressing the pedal down and releasing itThis rotaotes the high idle came inplace as well as closing the choke. It also give an extra squirt of fuel. If you added the remote start you would have to setr the choke when you leave the truck everytime you leave the truck. Even then the remote start may not start the truck.
Converting from the carbs to an electronic fuel injection would cost a fair amount but would siplify the starting isuues.
What you want can be done it just may take a bit of cash to get it all to work well.
Leo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts