DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just acquired a 1980 d150 with the slant 6, on the drivers side side/wheel well under hood there are 2 not sure word relay or look similar to the voltage regulator, well 1 is ok looking the other... not so hot ive tried many places and part names etc etc, but by looking in chilton & haynes manuals they have on the wiring schematics listing them as egr timer(or speed switch if equipeed), and etc timer, was curious are they required? maybe someone deleted the other parts? and would this prevent the truck from firing? and in advance ive owned this truck a day or 3, the wiring etc etc is not my doing, i will be rewiring all under hood with new wire and butt connectors, thanks for any help on identifying these parts. and if at all possible if they are "required" then any idea where to get replacements?
Wood Branch Water Twig Automotive tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my 1984 D-100 that part would be the EGR time delay. Here's a post with some useful information about its function. I believe people do delete them -- it's an emissions-control part and doesn't appear to have a big effect on functionality. To replace it, the junkyard may be the only game in town. I don't see anything on ebay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts