DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m sure this has been asked many times , but searches did not provide really anything and i`d rather have the latest , most current info anyway . I`ve also contacted manufacturers like Spectre` in Canada ,Tanks in Iowa to which they have stated were , are considering making but not yet or any idea when to be reconsidered ,so here goes - w150 4x4 , short bed , 360 , auto , mid mount factory plastic tank has cracks , leaks . Good used for sale ( complete with a GOOD sending unit ) , any KNOWN new replacements available ( and why aren`t tank companies offering for such a known problem issue ) , replace with a Ramcharger rear carbureted tank ( like my `87 DamCharger , yes , DamCharger was its name , had but not wanting to put a hole in rear side of bed ) , install a bed mounted tank ( which i prefer NOT to do if holes have to be drilled ) , or use what ..... IDEAS , HELP , INFOMATION ????
GO !

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had several custom tanks built for different boats , they had baffles installed also . I realize this is a stretch ,however it is an option .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah you can find a lot of sheet metal shops that will weld you up a "water" tank for that purpose. Then you can get a really sweet intake mounted Universal pump from tanks Inc.com
I was able to reuse my plastic tank but I did install a intake unit from those guys.
Bk

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used a 33 Gallon fuel tank off a 78 Ford Bronco. I purchased it on eBay for around $150 and it came with the straps. My truck I installed it on was a 1978 M880 however I also have a 1974 W200 and there were no noticeable difference in the frames of the truck when it came to mounting the tanks. My trucks are carbureted with mechanical fuel pumps however if you do have to run a return line I would buy the tank off the 85-96 Bronco as it has two nipples on the tank instead of one. I did have to do some minor fabrication to make tank straps as the ones supplied did not fit properly however I did not cut or drill the frame. I used holes that were already there. If I could go back and do it over again I would probably have a custom tank built but you are probably looking at several hundred dollars but then you could get close to 50 gallons or so if you used a similar footprint to the plastic factory tank. I’ve found there’s no such thing as too much fuel when you get 8 MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts