DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 Lil Red Express[/URL] You guys are going to love what I found on ebay. Its a 1979 Lil' Red Express, in perfect mint condition. Its being sold by the original dealership that it was delivered to back in '79!!! If I had 30grand I would get it, but for now I just going to stick to rebuilding my 78 powerwagon. Since I cannot post the link, just go to ebay motors and type or copy/paste the Item number into the search: 330188842863

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow I would love to have that truck, 79 is my birth year, not to mention that it is a low miles never titled LRE.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Something troubles me with that truck. I have never seen one with red carpet and a red bench seat. I worked in the plant building them in 1979 and all of them I ever saw going down the line had black dash, door panels, carpet and black bucket seats.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Disregard that. I just looked at the spec sheet for a Lil Red and they did indeed come with red interior and a bench seat
Bucket seats were option KB5
Red Interior was option KT6
Black Interior was option KT1

The red with bench must have been really rare.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
Something troubles me with that truck. I have never seen one with red carpet and a red bench seat. I worked in the plant building them in 1979 and all of them I ever saw going down the line had black dash, door panels, carpet and black bucket seats.
Thats cool you built them when they were new now you are basically building another one 28 years later. I will add that the truck you are restoring is really nice.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I've also got a 78 Lil Red sitting in a trailer at the back of the farm. It was in an accident and repaired and painted black back about 1980. I got it in 83 and ripped it down to bare metal and started repainting it. Never finished it. Its mint and only has 60,000 KM on it (40,000 miles)

Attachments

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I also store my show van in the same trailer for the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
wouldnt that be cool to be the first proud owner of a brand new 79 LRE, I really wish i could afford that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.