DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a good, undamaged and (hopefully) rust-free core support for my lightly-wrecked '78 D-150 Club cab with factory 400 cid engine and 26"-core radiator. According to my '78 Truck parts manual, the Chrysler part number is 3829477 if that helps. The old part is too bent and too rusty to repair.

I have a good core support with a small radiator opening to trade if anyone can use it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You can cut/grind out the smaller core support for a larger (26") opening. That's what I did. IIRC, the crease marks are already in the metal.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can cut/grind out the smaller core support for a larger (26") opening. That's what I did. IIRC, the crease marks are already in the metal.
Thanks, WD. (y) I'll check it out as soon as I find time to "excavate" the bed of the truck where I have been storing all of the accumulated repair parts (beneath the truck cap). IIRC the core support is on the very bottom since I didn't anticipate being able to use it.

It may be a "false memory", but I would have sworn that the actual stamped opening in the support (excluding brackets) was physically smaller than the original. I hope my memory is wrong.

J.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but I think the /6 core with a ~22 inch opening and the V8 with a 26 inch opening are physically the same but for the air pass through cut out. I do know I opened up a smaller core and fitted a Summit dual fan puller set with a 180 thermostat (in the radiator hose) and a 205 degree thermostat (at the radiator head).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, WD; I'll check it out.

J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts