DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not to long ago I was givin a 1977 dodge power wagon. I was told if I could get it out of the Bush I can have it so me and buddy did just that. 1 bobcat and 1 back hoe and alot of work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am new to this whole thing so bare with me i have a few pictures to upload. also have many questions that need answers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the mean look of the hood. it looks like the power wagon emblems (one on each side) seem offset when the hood is up i dont know if thats me or not. pretty sure they are though.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we are pulling it out seemed like the rear diff was one with the ground at this point. once we pulled it out i saw that my bumper got slighly bent in the process lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Look at the VIN plate on the drivers side door. The 4th element of the vin # tells you which motor it has. ( or at least it will tell you what motor came in the truck from the factory ) A=440, B=225, C=225, D=440, E=318, F=360-2bbl., G=318, H=243diesel, J=400, K=360, M=361, R=413, T=360 4bbl., X=special 6, Y=special 8. This is according to my Chilton manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what i thougt too txwooley there is a little rust on the inside at the top of the doors hopfully not to bad but other than that she looks good! havent inspected much on that thing though its about hour drive from me. what i think i know is that its a np203 t case 400 big block and it might have a danna 44 and maybe a 60 not sure. they said some one parked it there 10 years ago because it was stuck in gear or 4 low or somthing. anyways i am trying to find a flat deck to get it in to the city so i can start wrenching! ill be posting more today as well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A title? im not sure what my plans are going to be. i know i want a lift and big tires. but not to the point of having to grab a ladder to get inside. i want it to have a more comfortable interior maybe adjustable and possible heated bucket seats a console in between. and decent sound system. i would also like to have a switchable exhaust loud and quiet. might go mat black with paint and bed liner in the box. Its hard to vision what i want it to be all i know is i don't want to buy a new truck but i want mostly what a new truck has. If any of that didn't make sense just ask. i am new to this internet forum stuff so i am not sure if this post is in the right place or what not. im also open to ideas if anyone wants to put there 2 cents in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The beauty of the truck sitting where it was is that nothing was growing underneath it and the trees made a sorta tarp over top so it didnt get hit by the elements so much. not only that but the sheet metal is pretty thick... or at least it seems thicker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i like this gauge cluster thinking about doing a more modern set up there. i will repair and paint the dash change the steering wheel to somthing a little smaller. i will take pictures of the rust on the top of the door sills as soon as i can with some pictures of the diffs and tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
That's not a factory tach, It says "sun" right on it.

I assume this means no. Well before you do anything you better look into trying to get one unless this is going to be an off road rig only.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My .02 says resolve the title issue first. Ask your local motor vehicle department what you need to do before spending money on it. It would not be good to have someone show up with the title after you have done the work to revive the truck. ( not sayin' it will happen---but it is a possibility )

Did the person who said 'you can have it if you remove it' own the truck?

Was it abandoned on the property? How long ago?

Do you know anybody who can run the old plate numbers?

I know a guy who used to work in the auto theft division of the police dept. He has told me, in the past, about some of the crazy things that can happen when it comes to vehicle ownership.

That is a great looking project truck and we would love to see you put it back in service. But protect your interests while you can.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Nice find. But I definitely agree with everyone else. Get the title in your name before you spend any money (or labor) on it. And/or get the process for a new title under way ASAP before someone changes their mind. Particularly since you were "given" the truck. Hopefully by a kind relative and all is good. Grady

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.