DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find parts to convert my 74 w100 dana 44 front brakes from drums to disc. Does anyone have any info on what parts I can use and what are compatable with this year and axle?

· Registered
235 Posts
I have the same set up on my 74 and I want to do the same conversion. I was looking at finding a truck from about the same vintage (like 73 - 76) and then do some comparing and measuring at the JY, soon as I can get down the the yards in PHX and find one.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by someone on another thread that a 1981-84 ramcharger dana front axle and brake parts would work but am trying to get some other ideas since I don't have any JYards around where I live

· Registered
235 Posts
1974 w100 said:
I was told by someone on another thread that a 1981-84 ramcharger dana front axle and brake parts would work but am trying to get some other ideas since I don't have any JYards around where I live
Know what you mean about no JYs near. I have to go to 250 miles r/t to find decent yerds. The ones nearby are junk :). I will keep an eye out for the R/c axles.

L

· Registered
41 Posts
What is the rear wheel bolt pattern? You need to know that so you can match the front to the rear ( # of lugs and bolt pattern diameter).

Once you figure that out, you can get everything for a front disc brake conversion using dodge (5 lugs x 4.5" bolt diameter), ford (5x5.5), or chevy (6x5.5) to convert to disks.

All of these offered Dana 44 variants in the 1/2 tons with disc brakes in or around 1976. If I recall, there were a few mid-70's jeep pickups that might work also.

Likely you will need everything from the inner knuckle out including the outer stub shaft from the donor truck. Just make sure the outer knuckles have the "flat-tops" with the steering arm studs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.