DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 1974 D200 it came with only one key. It has a pentastar-shaped bow (the part of the key that you hold in your hand) and fits the ignition. It does not seem to work in the doors but the door locks are likely frozen because I can't operate them manually with the inside lock plunger either. I had a 1974 Dodge Coronet and it had a pentastar-shaped key for the ignition and a round key for the door/trunk/glove box. Do 1974 trucks use the same 2-key system as the cars or should the ignition key for my truck also operate the door locks?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
Scott I put a tilt wheel column in my truck many years ago so unfortunately I have mis matched keys for ignition and doors. So to answer your question I'm pretty sure the doors and ignition should match but I won't wear % on that. I just can't remember from 15 years ago or more!
Brian

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I bought my 1974 D200 it came with only one key. It has a pentastar-shaped bow (the part of the key that you hold in your hand) and fits the ignition. It does not seem to work in the doors but the door locks are likely frozen because I can't operate them manually with the inside lock plunger either. I had a 1974 Dodge Coronet and it had a pentastar-shaped key for the ignition and a round key for the door/trunk/glove box. Do 1974 trucks use the same 2-key system as the cars or should the ignition key for my truck also operate the door locks?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott ,my 1973 W-100 has a separate,keys for the doors and for the ignition.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks,
Scott
My 85 and 86 Dodge Rams have the penta shaped key for the ignition and doors, and the round key for the glove box. I have had to replace the ignition keys, and simply remove the pins from the door and glove box locks. Then any key will open the doors and glove box - but who would suspect or try that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 64 d200 one key, but when I sold it, you could use any key. My 84 W150 is single key. and I think, but can not say for sure that my Volare had ony one key

·
Registered
877 Posts
2 different keys but I don't have a clue if that is original

1 - 7 of 7 Posts