DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got my B300 RV and I need to get a driveshaft for her. She has double wheels in the back. Does anyone know the OEM of the original part? Or have any advice at all for getting a new one? I'm lost on how to get the right part.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Any driveshaft/ driveline shop should be able to make one for your needs . It’s a b300 van. With an rv conversion. This might help make easier to get parts and avoid confusion. I did just look and ROCK AUTO appears to have what you need in stock , good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would think the most important spec. Is the wheelbase. I know later versions have a couple, but you should measure the wheelbase yourself to be sure. And if you have the description tag under the hood, it will tell you what rear end you have, it may tell you wheelbase also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think the most important spec. Is the wheelbase. I know later versions have a couple, but you should measure the wheelbase yourself to be sure. And if you have the description tag under the hood, it will tell you what rear end you have, it may tell you wheelbase also.
I have a 127 - I've known that from the beginning, I used 1973 Dodge B300 Van Driveshaft A727 Trans. - Automatic Trans. - 127 In. Wheelbase - Rear 91-06186 an and it was too short (I'm still not sure if they just sent me the wrong one, and they are not at all helpful...) luckily I'm not far from Mr. Driveshaft, so I'm just going to him to be sure. This is the ID plate though, I'm just worried that the Rock Auto one won't fit either.
Font Rectangle Wood Commemorative plaque History

·
Registered
326 Posts
You might have to consider universal joint type too...

If it's the same as the regular B300, then replacement should be easy. You would, I'm sure, have a Dana 60 rear end the same (even though you have dual wheels) as them, transmission the same, wheelbase unchanged. If you need to get one made (and assuming the same universals) the shaft from a D100 will shorten to the right length. Your driveshaft should be about 2" shorter than a B350 shaft as they have the 9¼ rear end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 127 - I've known that from the beginning, I used 1973 Dodge B300 Van Driveshaft A727 Trans. - Automatic Trans. - 127 In. Wheelbase - Rear 91-06186 an and it was too short (I'm still not sure if they just sent me the wrong one, and they are not at all helpful...) luckily I'm not far from Mr. Driveshaft, so I'm just going to him to be sure. This is the ID plate though, I'm just worried that the Rock Auto one won't fit either. View attachment 631684

·
Registered
2 Posts
The RV version was more that likely an MB-300. Mine came with a 360ci, 4bbl carb, aftermarket higher rise intake manifol, cam, and headers. I believe many RV companies altered these engines aftermarket as there were no 4bbl carbs used on the v-8 trucks these years. I swapped out the 16.5's for 16" duallys rear and cupped in front. I have the factory/ dealer service manual for B series 100, 200, 300,CB-300, MB-300 for 1971 thru 1973 and have learned alot. Mine has the camper and sheet metal removed and a 1942 Ford cab and custom "Tow Truck" style bed.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts