3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
And What Am I Bid? :D

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ram Man:

:thatfunny I was just checking the classifieds out yesterday.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Ram Man:

On those pictures, the 1st two are 3/4 tons & the bottom is a 1/2 ton. The 1st is goin for almost $22 K, the 2nd for $26 K, & the 3rd went for $13 K. The 2nd one is really done up right. I believe it even has the radio's in it too. The 1st was heavily modded, & IMO, not well. The winch & tires don't look like they belong. :dunno: BTW, that ImageEvent site is Joe's. He's the owner of the Power Wagon web site which has all kinds of stuff on the flat fender Dodges. http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/ .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ram Man - your radio is a R-390 probably the most famous military reciever ever made. If you were to advertise that in www.amfone.net in the forums section with pics you would probably get >1000 for it. Maybe 1500 if it is made by Collins. I've been a ham since 1982 and I have owned two of those recievers personally.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Beast Update!

Hi Guys:

I know it's been a while. We've gone thru 3 MAJOR computer meltdowns and a couple of minor crashes too. I want to say that I am surprised and happy to be able to post here again (if this posts). I am now posting from down in the dungeon (basement) off of my machine as I have yet to get the wife's back up and running (much to her dismay). I had tried before to hook up, but couldn't, then today I got a PM, and for some reason, here I am? :crazy:

Anywho, the Beast. I finally found the #'s on the frame. For a while there, I was worried that I may had gotten a put together truck as there are pices from all kinds of trucks on it. I was also able to find out what kind of drive train is in it thru #'s. I am currently waiting to get a copy of it's build sheet from Chrysler. http://www.chryslerheritage.com/pg904.htm . The fee for trucks is $25.00, not $45.00, and ya need to send a copy of your title or bill of sale with your request.

While picking at what I thought was a SMALL Bondo patch, I made a horrible discovery. The WHOLE body side panel was 1/4" to 1/2" thick Bondo over galvanized sheet. For those of you not experienced with Bondo, it doesn't stick well to galvanized sheet. Luckily, I was able to locate some decent replacement panels.

I have located AND acquired most of the CORRECT parts for the body. Our goal was to get the Beast's body done and painted before August 26th, as we're going to be in a MV show then, up in Volo, Illinois, at the Volo Auto Museum. http://www.volocars.com/ . However, I don't know if our goal will be met as we've been hitting many temporary impasses. Even if it's not painted, we'll still be going. I gotta say, it's real H E L L when ya don't have a garage to work in.

Here's some pictures I hope.

Later
Ugg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yay, It Worked!

Guys:

Here's a few more pictures of the Beast's new home (at least until it snows). Now we can take pieces off and not worry about rain (one of the temporary impasses). Now we have a heat wave going on, and normally, when it hits 70, I sweat so much I can drown a whale. My son leaves next Sunday for scout camp for 2 weeks, so that's another slow down. We got the dent out of the roof, but the metal work needed to be finished. That takes heat, more than what my propane torch could generate.

I tried to find a used oxy set up, but couldn't (funds are VERY TIGHT here in Uggville), and I was about to beg a friend to use his at his shop (a real pain in the butt to do), when he went and had a heart attack on me. I finally broke down and got a new set (the wife will really kill me when she finds out). Then I needed a decent floor jack. They ain't cheap either. I finally got one that I hope will work (after the wife kills me, she'll hack my remains to pieces). :greenchai Then there's the jack stands....... :crazy:

Later
Ugg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ram Man:

Glad I could do it. I have no idea how long things'll last either. :crazy:

03ramit1:

$$$? What's that? Ya think I have $$$ to do this? I used to, but I haven't worked since my accident (10 years ago this September), so that's why it's taking so long. What's depressing is I have tried for some jobs but was rejected, and the people they did hire either can't speak English or are retarded. :jmad:

What ya really need is a space to put it, where you can work on it when ya do have the $$$ and/or time. You can still locate some cheap WC's. I was looking at a package deal on 4, but I screwed up and spent the money on something else with the hopes of getting it back in time. :nutkick: Oh well.

Later
Ugg

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
well im not saying that your made of $$$ im just saying that i wish i had a little money for something like that. i have a truck payment and a family to feed and i have an income of 24k a year. not to mention all the other little bills that i have (eg cell phone, internet thing like that)

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
03ramit1:

Believe me bro, I know where your comming from. We're living month to month here in Uggville. Ya got to save where and when ya can. Also, a little trick, always put something on the side. For me, every time I walk in the house, I empty my pockets of any chump change. At the very least, that's $50.00 a month.

My poor wife is working 2 jobs. 50 hours a week at one, and 24 at the other. It still ain't enough to pay all the bills. When we lost my income, it really hurt. Still, what's the purpose of life if ya can't enjoy anything? The Beast is a father/son project. We've had it about 5 years now. Work on it is slow because of the $$$ thing.

Finding the right parts cost $$$. Tools cost $$$. I finally broke down and got an oxy torch set up. I've been saving for that for a few years. It cost $400.00. I coulda gotten a smaller set of tanks for less, but they wouldn't work out and would be costlier in the long run. BTW, I got a family to feed, mortgage, car payments, ect, ect. We also used to breed dogs (hope to soon again when the smoke clears), and they cost too. Feeding em ain't bad, but the vet bills will kill ya, especially if one gets hurt or sick.

I guess what I'm sayin bro, if there's a will, there's a way, but be VERY VERY CAREFUL, this hobby is very addictive, worse than crack I think. :thatfunny It gets in your blood real fast. Then ya start doin stupid things. We started gettin WW II items to dress up the Beast when we do shows. Now my kid wants to dress himself up like a WW II GI. Oh, another BTW, we had a bad storm last night. Winds up to 75 MPH. Guess what got knocked down? Yep, the Beast's new home. I'll take some pictures when the sun comes up.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
That thing is awesome!

I'd love a military era dodge 4wd. I'd prefer a late 50s power wagon, but ANY of them would make me happy! But, one project truck is enough for now... There's so much i want to do to it, that i dont know how i would be able to have two at once!

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Ugg belive me i know how adictive it is. i have been modding cars for 9 years now. i just have not been able to find an old dodge that i feel is worth modding yet. one that i can build and not spend 5 years w/ of salary on just the body. i save my change too. i usually can save up about $150 every couple months. (depending on how often i take it to the bank)

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I.j.f.f.!

Hey:

Monday night we had a bit of a thunder storm. Winds hitting 75 MPH. Hail the size of nickles. Rain horizontal at times. For some STRANGE reason, I had used a bit of foresight. :huh: The shelter had come with stakes to secure it to the ground. They were the steel rod type. I had used them, but really didn't trust em, so I had also gotten regular tent stakes and added them with extra line.

All the lines with the rod type stakes were pulled out by the storm winds. :SHK: The regular stakes held firm. :cheerl: If they didn't, my shelter woulda been blown all the way out into Lake Michigan. The legs of the shelter also have caps on the bottom that can be spiked into the ground (which I did). A couple of the legs were pulled out of the caps, and another couple were lifted, pulling the spikes out of the ground (14" spikes). :eek: We also lost a bunch of tree parts, but everything seems intact.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.