DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
hate hybrids
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure this has been asked before but did a search and cant find the info. I got 20 in stockers and was thinkin of going to 17s wheels. My question is will there be any problems if I put them on . brakes, ect. If I go with the 17s im lookin @ doing a 3" body lift with 35x12.5x17 will there be a problem .Or put 33 or 35x12.5x20s Trying to get a feel for the spring. thanks for all or any info Mark

·
Mike
526 Posts
Check my gallery, factory 17's with 35's. Pic's before and after body lift.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have aftermarket 17's with 35/12.50's and a 3" body lift. I was running 285/70 before the lift. Like you, I traded the factory 20's for something more affordable when it came time to buy tires. BTW, love the avatar pic. :D

·
hate hybrids
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so jdl71 did ya have 20s on and then put on 17s ...... and moby did you have stock 17 to start with

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
you will have no issues with going down to 17's. To run 35's you will want to do the 3" body lift like you stated.

·
hate hybrids
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ty Quietpeen thats what im lookin for thanks again project change over in the makings

·
RamRoddin'
789 Posts
Whats roughly the biggest tire one can get on a 17" rim without altering the body or suspension?
On say a 2005 1500 slt crew cab? :)
Hope im not hijacking too bad, fairly relavent i hope hehe. If not let me know n ill pull the post bud.
thanks guys

·
hate hybrids
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats roughly the biggest tire one can get on a 17" rim without altering the body or suspension?
Hope im not hijacking too bad, fairly relavent i hope hehe. If not let me know n ill pull the post bud.
thanks guys
so is it better to use my 20s then

·
Registered
150 Posts
thanks guys
You can get 35's or 315/70's if you crank the t-bars a little and can deal with some occasional light rubbing. If you do a lot of wheeling, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're mainly on the street they will be ok.

·
hate hybrids
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then I may go with 33s on my 20s with 3 in body lift. Theres only so much I can do with I/S

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
Then I may go with 33s on my 20s with 3 in body lift. Theres only so much I can do with I/S
33's might look small with a 3" body lift. Look in my gallery, I have 33's on basically stock suspension.

·
Registered
150 Posts
35's will fit with a body lift. And they look just about right IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want to put 295 70 17 on stock chrome clad 17's, with only a tbar lift, can this be done and does any one have any pics of big tires on the 17 inch chrome clads?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I want to put 295 70 17 on stock chrome clad 17's, with only a tbar lift, can this be done and does any one have any pics of big tires on the 17 inch chrome clads?
since you have an 03 you shouldn't have any problems.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.