DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"the UPS dude"
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into lifting my Mega. I'm pobably gonna go with 35's. Does anyone know if 16.5" rims will fit on these trucks? I can't find anything in any searches on this topic. I like the oldschool look of more sidewall/less rim on lifted trucks (wish I could fit 15's on a 3/4-ton axle)

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
I know on the half tons you can't fit anything under 17 due to the size of the calipers. I would assume that its the same for the Mega / Heavy Duty trucks. It might be close, you would probably have to grind down the caliper to get it to work.

Is it easy to find tires for 16.5s? Never looked.......but I know you can find a buttload for 17s.

·
Team EH.
1,659 Posts
1/2 tons can fit 16.5's if you grind down the rear caliper. I'd stick with 17's. They look good with 35's on them.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
How much grinding is necessary?

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
why would you even go to the trouble of putting 16.5" on. You will only gain a .25 inch of sidewall compared to a 17" wheel. Plus goodluck finding decent tires for 16.5" rims now days nobody is running them.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
There are ALOT of big (read 35"+) tire options for 16.5" wheels.

To the OP: maybe you could find or borrow a 16.5 from something, and test fit. They used to come on alot of trucks; should be hard to find one and assess how much grinding/ modification would be needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts