DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to level my truck and am wanting to purchase the 2.5in coil spacers from TGC and I cannot find anyone that sells 2"-2.5" add a leaf's for my truck, other than buying a 6" lift kit, or going to a wreckers.. both which I do not want.

Maybe I am blind, but does anyone know of a company thats in Canada, or that will ship to Canada that supplies the add a leafs..

Thanks

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
I originally had an add a leaf from Superlift until i finally ponied up the cash for all new springs from Skyjacker. I would give them a call, you should be able to do a search for either online.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find add a leafs for a 1500, they only come for 2500/3500. Changing leafs isn't an option, and I haul a quad 4 months out of the year, and pull a trailer, thats why I want the rear leafs so it doesn't slope in the rear.

Does anyone know if the add a leaf from a the skyjacker 2500/3500 will fit a 1500? Are the packs the same width?

Thanks

·
OH-----IO
260 Posts

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet thanks for the replies, I checked them out and thats what I need, too bad all I can get is a computer voice, want to talk with someone in person about shipping charges.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
i bought my add a leaf from suspensionconnection.com which it was for a 94 to 01 (didnt have the Dowel pin drilled in the center which I drilled) but I have an 04 Ram which I wouldnt think is that much diffrent other then the front end since you have a 9 1/4 rear also.
you will need new U-Bolts for sure though ... I think "shots" has a set or made a post a few months back with the measurements of the U-Bolts you will need ..... here is a link to that thread ... page 3 & 4 will get you what you need. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83433&page=2&pp=20

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply, I am amazed at how little is available for the 06 1500 in regards to suspension other than regular 6" susp.

·
6,355 Posts
Mudchucker said:
Thanks for the reply, I am amazed at how little is available for the 06 1500 in regards to suspension other than regular 6" susp.
the reason for that is probably since they (Chrysler) changed the front suspensions on the 06 4x4 most of the companies that make aftermarket parts are trying to get them into there shops for fitment and then selling on the market but always seems the Dodge's are the last to get done since chevy's and Fords are cheaper to lift

·
Registered
476 Posts
The 06 1500 4x4 has IFS. I know this because I own one. The 2500/3500 comes with the "trailing arm/coil spring" front suspension. I don't know if you can still get a leaf spring front suspension on an '06 though.

·
6,355 Posts
Brian06QuadCab said:
The 06 1500 4x4 has IFS. I know this because I own one. The 2500/3500 comes with the "trailing arm/coil spring" front suspension. I don't know if you can still get a leaf spring front suspension on an '06 though.
Add a leaf is for the rear and not the front ;) , and second thing is we know the 06 1500 4x4 still has IFS but it also has Coil overs instead of torsion bars so lifting is alot easier the 02 to 05 with IFS where you have do major surgery since they are using torsion bars to lift the front end instead of coil overs :D .

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I have a call into a couple places asking if the 3" front coil spacer for the 2500/3500 will fit the 1500. I have the offroad edition 1500 so I shouldn't have to change my shocks. But will check when I get all parts anyways.

If I can only get the 2.5in spacer I am going to weld a .5in spacer plate to increase to 3in.

Once I get my shit together and get the parts, hopefully before months end, I will post all the picks I can for the front coils, and rear adda a leafs for others to check out.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Did you try shops like in Edmonton such as Interior offroad, Tonka, 4wheel parts, Rapid Revolutions? They all SHOULD have these parts, but I know when I was calling around for parts they only had select few, and some prices were outragous. Also I would deal with Interior over any of the others, and only 4wheel parts if your forced to, they are total idiots. You might be better off even ordering from the states as far as price goes.

Btw 2500/3500 spacers will NOT work for an 06 1500 unless it's a mega cab. Since the non mega cab is still not solid axle the spacer is different.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mocho said:
Did you try shops like in Edmonton such as Interior offroad, Tonka, 4wheel parts, Rapid Revolutions? They all SHOULD have these parts, but I know when I was calling around for parts they only had select few, and some prices were outragous. Also I would deal with Interior over any of the others, and only 4wheel parts if your forced to, they are total idiots. You might be better off even ordering from the states as far as price goes.

Btw 2500/3500 spacers will NOT work for an 06 1500 unless it's a mega cab. Since the non mega cab is still not solid axle the spacer is different.
Yes I forgot to mention I did inquire about the Mega spacers fitting the 1500. I will look for those sites. If I can't find links, I will post back,.. I did goto 4wheel parts, they pretty much have 2 things, nothing and nothing.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Mudchucker said:
Yes I forgot to mention I did inquire about the Mega spacers fitting the 1500. I will look for those sites. If I can't find links, I will post back,.. I did goto 4wheel parts, they pretty much have 2 things, nothing and nothing.
Most places seem to stock nothing, but usually can order it in. I hate 4wheel parts they are so rude and they know nothing. When I was doing my lift I phoned them saying I want a 5" lift and 37" and they are like they won't fit so I won't even tell you prices, and basicly told me I was wrong, needless to say I took my business elsewere and got my lift and tires and they fit good. ;)

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked out what places you listed, ya I went to 4wheel before, not too bright, and Interior, I don't order from any place that doesnt give prices on their website. The other ones I couldnt find.

Thanks for posting,.. I am waiting to hear back from Summit, TGC and Skyjacker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.