DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

?? ?? ??

654 views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  simioh 
#1 ·
Anyone tried these? They look good and they is damn cheap. Y won't they fit my '04...I'd be willing to take one for the team and find out. :D

#3 ·
I am thinking someone on DTW got some of those.... never really heard how much they did for him..... I seriously thought about them for the price.... wanted to see some results first...

TJ

#4 ·
just got back..... 348Hemi on DTW installed some of those and obtained a 14 HP and 13.5 ft lbs Torque gain.... no details on the rest of the exhaust system yet... I have an email into him....

TJ

#5 ·
Those are built like the style of DougThorley "Tri-Y" style headers which are supposed to keep torque numbers high unlike other styles of headers. They look nice but as always looks dont make the product.

In "TRI-Y DESIGN" headers, the primary tubes are paired in a 4-into-2 and 2-into-l formation. This increases the cylinder scavenging effect and improves engine breathing by utilizing the exhaust velocity of one cylinder to help the exhaust velocity of another.

WHY "TRI-Y" HEADERS
Tests have indicated that the late model vehicles with lower operating RPM ranges function (Scavenge) more efficiently with the " TRI-Y DESIGN". "Tri-Y" headers were specifically designed for these engines. While 4-tube headers are well suited for some applications, the "Tri-Y Design" is significantly more effective on most street and off-road applications including the late-model, low-compression "Big Blocks". Header part numbers with a "Y" are " TRI-Y DESIGN ", the others are 4-tube.

#6 ·
another interesting quote....

One of the largest errors street enthusiasts make is in running too large of a primary pipe, and too large of a collector. For example, NHRA and IHRA Stock teams using Burns' headers in H/SA in traditional small-block powered musclecars are running 1.5-inch diameter primary pipes- much smaller than many street machines are trying to use.

#7 ·
i rather have long tubes but those look nice and great price try it and tell us about it!

#12 ·
#14 ·
I picked some up a few months back...havent had a chance to install them yet. I cant imagine them losing performance over the restrictive looking stock manifolds, but doubt they will perform as well as longtubes but I dont think they can be beat for the price. I paid 180 shipped for mine.

#15 ·
I don't like the colored welds. not that you would see them, but the welds stand out so much it drives me away from them

#18 ·
hemi1569 said:
I don't like the colored welds. not that you would see them, but the welds stand out so much it drives me away from them
Yea, I kinda wondered about he welds as well..... I know when you weld stainless that you cannot run too hot or sit around in the puddle to long or you will change the characteristics of the metal and it will no longer be stainless.. the color changes as well... if the color is goldish then the weld is probably ok and may be a different alloy of stainless than the tube... if the color is greyish then the weld may be less than quality... but I have not seen any up close...

TJ

#19 ·
I have those headers on my truck, the welds were all quality stainless welds the flanges are way to thick to warp. Well worth the price I paid. I have no leaks, no problems almost 10k miles since install. The bolts they come with are way to short, the "y" pipe took some cutting to fit. If your truck is lower than mine just have custom exhaust made out the back. MIne goes into 3" exhaust with a gutted cat and race muffler dumped in front of rear axle. It sounds lke a beast. I especially noticed better mid range performance before the cam. After the cam it got even better. I noticed very little bottom end loss from the cam. If I stomp it it just roasts the tires. Anywhere from 15mph and under it'll roast em. Like I said, for the money I paid they are well worth it and good quality.

#20 ·
Thankx Mr. Sinister.... the price is really attractive and I just may have to go that route.... I really want thick ex flanges as well....

TJ

#21 ·
#22 ·
BTW, MrSinsiter, do you have any times on your truck? and if you do not mind, where are you located?

TJ

#23 ·
Unfortunately I have no times yet. When I get my truck out of the body shop hopefully I can get some in. I was on my way to the 1/8 mile track up the street from my house (in Manassas. Va) and I wrecked my ride, go figure. I do know that I beat my 2001 ls1 T/A by a fender and the T/A got the holeshot. I figure mid to high 13's in the 1/4 to 8.80 or so in the 1/8. All in street trim with aftermarket 20". Now I have to find another set seeing how three of them broke!! Looking to change tire hieght to help some as well.

#24 ·
Mr.Sinister said:
Unfortunately I have no times yet. When I get my truck out of the body shop hopefully I can get some in. I was on my way to the 1/8 mile track up the street from my house (in Manassas. Va) and I wrecked my ride, go figure. I do know that I beat my 2001 ls1 T/A by a fender and the T/A got the holeshot. I figure mid to high 13's in the 1/4 to 8.80 or so in the 1/8. All in street trim with aftermarket 20". Now I have to find another set seeing how three of them broke!! Looking to change tire hieght to help some as well.
yea, that is about how it goes... bummer on the wheels, unfortunately I can relate... wheel weight is how I wound up with 18s and still to heavy for my tastes... but I guess I cannot have it all.... :VHOT: I was kinda hoping you were closer but...

TJ

#25 ·
sawcut64 said:
They are but the eBay pics are the correct pictures....
thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.