DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
hi again Dodge Engineers. The service mgr has on four occasions , hooked up the starscan tool to the diagnostic port. then we go on a 15 mile open highway trip. The Evic "gas avg" never goes above 20.5 etc.., on level ground at 55-65 mph the MDs "as verified by the starscan tool" only shows MDS on for about a second then cuts off (this is pretty level ground)..But at 75 to 80mph the MDS (as verified by starscan) stays for for a longer period of time (My car is not a airplane). The gas mileage is what i see on the evic after clearing it to a zero state). I of course check my gas mileage by calculation each fillup. My combined gas mileage since I bought it is:15.34,15.09,15.28,15.99 and 16.62.
So you can't sit at 65 in MDS on flat roads or moderate grades?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had an issue with my R/T 6 speed recently (730 miles) at first I thought I didn't break it in properly at first with a majority of my miles being on the highway. they found out out that the flywheel wasn't machined properly. I just got my car out of the shop today. Is there any special care that I should take while breaking in this clutch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before you guys who made our Challenger dreams a reality head off to your supercharged, modified rides, we just want to THANK YOU for the bottom of our MOPAR hearts for all that you have done with this line! You are very much appreciated in the Mopar world! THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Six-Speed!

Second Question. What were some of the major factors that influenced the decision to go with the Tremec TR-6060 six-speed for 2009?

P.S. Great decision, by the way..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
thanks for taking your time to talk to us!
I am really happy you guys chose to have a manuel tranny option!
because I am budget minded:D is there anyway to upgrade an '09 or '10 R/T challenger to get the cool "stuff" of an srt? such as traction control Full Off?
No you can't get full off on Traction Control.

You could add the optional F1 tires from SRT to an R/T with 20s.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
How much of your design is gut driven vs. demand driven?
We had both the gut and demand.
This car was the dream car for any automaker.....

A ton of demand and lots of eager engineers with good gut knowledge on how to implement a great muscle car within a good target price. Keep in mind that 70% of the car is common to its brother the 300C and charger.

·
15,912 Posts
As we are getting to the end of our session for tonight...I want to personally thank all of the Dodge Engineers for taking the time to do this for us. It is very much appreciated!! Hope we can do it again!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dodge Engineers,

At 55-65 on level ground MDS will barely kick in but just for a second or to. Also the avg gas mileage is the same wheather the transmission is in "auto" mode or manual shift mode. My understanding is that MDs WONT operate if the car is in the manual "5th" gear. My gas mileage is exactly the same mo matter what.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back 'in the day' you used to be able to purchase a 'stripper' version of most vehicles.

Huge motor, standard tranny, vinyl seats, rubber floors, no radio, etc.

It lowered the price to the point where LOTS of us could actually afford it.

Perhaps painted primer grey or white.

Anything in the works for an 'affordable' SRT8? Especially in the coming economic downturn?

Just curious.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Before you guys who made our Challenger dreams a reality head off to your supercharged, modified rides, we just want to THANK YOU for the bottom of our MOPAR hearts for all that you have done with this line! You are very much appreciated in the Mopar world! THANK YOU!
Hey, you're WELCOME...we're just regular MOPAR guys (and girls) like you....more to come, stay tuned.:gr_patrio

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Second Question. What were some of the major factors that influenced the decision to go with the Tremec TR-6060 six-speed for 2009?

P.S. Great decision, by the way..

We know we need to use the dual disk clutch that we developed on the Viper
The T56 was redesigned to TR6060 with the triple synchro's which was an easy decision because this trans is proven gear box.
We changed the gearing on the trans to match our driveline, performance and fuel economy objectives...
-- In all the viper had a lot of the say in this car.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Sorry to say that this DodgeTalk.com event has now concluded.

I want to thank all that participated. The Engineers appreciated all your questions and comments. Any remaining unanswered questions will be addressed over the next couple days. And most of all, thank you for reviving one heck of a ride! You did it the right way, kudo's to the Dodge Team!

For all you new folks that stopped by for this great event, thanks for joining us here at DT and hope you continiue to participate in our great community!

Thanks again everyone, it was a blast!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I had an issue with my R/T 6 speed recently (730 miles) at first I thought I didn't break it in properly at first with a majority of my miles being on the highway. they found out out that the flywheel wasn't machined properly. I just got my car out of the shop today. Is there any special care that I should take while breaking in this clutch?
We'd like to get your flywheel issue info back through your dealer. Can you forward dearer info. Thanks. Flywheels are all balanced and I'd like to follow up on your machining issue. No break in necessary on the clutch.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Back 'in the day' you used to be able to purchase a 'stripper' version of most vehicles.

Huge motor, standard tranny, vinyl seats, rubber floors, no radio, etc.

It lowered the price to the point where LOTS of us could actually afford it.

Perhaps painted primer grey or white.

Anything in the works for an 'affordable' SRT8? Especially in the coming economic downturn?

Just curious.
Certainly not in the current plans. Our response to slowing demand due to economics would be to adjust our production mix to lower priced SE and R/T models in the event of a slow down.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
:rck::rck::rck:

It takes true enthusiasts to bring out such a great car as the Challenger for other true enthusiasts!

Our most sincere thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
We appreciate your support! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Dodge Engineers,

At 55-65 on level ground MDS will barely kick in but just for a second or to. Also the avg gas mileage is the same wheather the transmission is in "auto" mode or manual shift mode. My understanding is that MDs WONT operate if the car is in the manual "5th" gear. My gas mileage is exactly the same mo matter what.
You are correct. MDS will engage in D but we run in V8 only if you are in auto/stick. Please PM me with your VIN and dealer info. I'd like to follow up with a tech advisor to diagnose your concern.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.