DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS THREAD WILL BE OPENED TO QUESTIONS ON Thursday, 11/20/08 @ 5PM EST.

Challenger Engineering Event Participation Guidelines:

• Direct your questions to the DodgeEngineer team
  • Allow the DodgeEngineer team to supply the answers (no member discussions here)
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the 2009 Dodge Challenger. Off-topic posts run the risk of being removed by forum moderators
  • No Chit-Chat. If you have something to say to another member, we ask that you communicate via PM or within another thread discussion.
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeat questions
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Questions are not answered in order of post; so allow time for a response
  • We can’t answer questions regarding Specific Dealer concerns or Future Products
  • We’ll do our best to help, but we are not always able to diagnose specific vehicle issues over the internet
  • We cannot answer overall business questions relative to the current situation of Chrysler LLC.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
To our membership, thank you for your participation! Now's the chance to get answers to your questions regarding this awesome ride!

On behalf of our membership, I want to thank all those at Dodge participating in this event today! We appreciate the time you have taken from your busy schedules to field questions from our community!

The floor is now open...have at it! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gee, I guess I'm first.

Are there any plans to change/improve the steering wheel to something more Challenger-esque in 2010?

The current wheel (same as my 300C) doesn't seem to fit the car.

Thanks so much.

·
15,912 Posts
Thanks for coming back guys!!

Will any more of the old Muscle Car "High Impact" colors might be used in a special edition or Mid Year model option ?

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Any thought on maybe a turbo V6 with a manual tranny in the future? Or maybe a direct injection V6?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for this session, I have one basic question regarding the Lifetime warranty with the R/T. I have flowmaster aftermarket exhaust installed by the dealer and a mopar CAI installed by the dealer. would I void my warranty if I were to put in a chip? I have heard some dealers and people on forums tell me it wouldn't, and a few that said it would. I don't want to lose this warranty, but I would love to put in a mild chip.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gee, I guess I'm first.

Are there any plans to change/improve the steering wheel to something more Challenger-esque in 2010?

The current wheel (same as my 300C) doesn't seem to fit the car.

Thanks so much.
Always looking for customer feedback, thank you, but I'm sorry we don't disclose future plans.:secret2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
SRT-8 Half shaft redesign

Thanks again for taking questions from enthusiasts like us.

1) How was the half shaft failure addressed and can we expect to see beefier halfshafts on SRT-8 manual transmission cars being built currently?

2) When do you expect the T/A hoods for the Challenger to be available?

Thanks again and Happy Motoring!:rck:

·
15,912 Posts
Was the weight a consideration during the initial engineering concept - what could now be done to help eliminate the weight on this relatively heavy car ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for coming back guys!!

Will any more of the old Muscle Car "High Impact" colors might be used in a special edition or Mid Year model option ?
We have decided to keep Hemi Orange for the entire 2009 Model Year.

We will also add the B5 Blue in February.

We know how important the High Impact Colors are to this vehicle, so stay tuned and we may surprise you later this model year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
getting a little nit picky here, but i ran 89 octane in my 6-speed challenger for the first tank. didnt realize it calls for 91. could i have done any damage seeing this was the first 300 miles or so? if it were pinging to the point that it would have done damage, would I have known? (hesitation, engine light?) cause i cant say that i've ever experienced ping. even in my other old cars. thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since the debut of the concept and production announcement, sadly, Mike Castiglione has left Chrysler LLC. I haven't heard anything about Alan Barrington though.
Is Alan still working on Chrylser's design staff? And if so, what is he working on now?
Thanks!

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
We have decided to keep Hemi Orange for the entire 2009 Model Year.

We will also add the B5 Blue in February.

We know how important the High Impact Colors are to this vehicle, so stay tuned and we may surprise you later this model year.
heard the B5 was going to be highly limited is this the case? Will it be avail on all models or just the srt?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any thought on maybe a turbo V6 with a manual tranny in the future? Or maybe a direct injection V6?
Dodge is currently looking at a number of technologies including turbos, manual trans, DI, variable valve timing and more to optimize performance and fuel economy across our whole fleet. Stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.