DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nitrous stock block/internals, mods in sig. i have a chance to get a screamin deal on a kit 100hp wet shot holleyNOS. never done nitrous before. i want to do my research first. the whole kit is $460 brand new, nozzles, solenoids, bottles and LED machine gun purge

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
that still seems a little high. i got both my kits each for under $300 shipped with everything included. you will love the nitrous. one bad thing though... you will always want more. i started with a 100 shot and now im at a 2 stage with 200 shot. have fun

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Navy, where did you get your kits for under $300?

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Navy, where did you get your kits for under $300?
perhaps a more fair question is to ask: What all did your kits include? were they NIB? How much extra was, the purge, the bottle heater, the guage, fuel pressure cut off switch??? you get the idea.....
My system was about $1100 but was VERY complete.....

TJ

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
200 shot on stock internals? maybe it's me just being used to honda's knowing they can do a 75 shot with out blowing the motor on stock internals, but that seems alittle high on stock internals

·
Registered
985 Posts
i think he's talking about two 100's

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
wbw1 does a 3 stage 325 shot on a stock internal truck. he just takes the right precautionary measures. You need ngk 4306 plugs and always run 93 octane. Set you programmer if you have one to the 89 octane tune. And you can spray a 150 shot all day long

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
Got them from e-bay. One was new (put in a best offer of $250, was $285 shipped to my door) the other was not new (was $278 shipped to my door). they both needed warmers but that was it. All purge, fuel safety shut off, and switches were included. But... i probably have about $1000-$1200 in my origanl kit. Thats including N20 and fuel filter, auto warmer, fuel saftey switch, window switch, extra N20 solenoid etc. Actually my first kit i bought for $300 off e-bay. But when i added all the safety things it started to add up quick. Had twin bottles with it also. So thats 3 kits i got for under $300.

i know 200hp seems high, but i think i am doing it as right as possible. i have been running a 170 shot for a while now so 200 is not that far a stretch.
And like Hemiram11 said, wbw1 is shooting way more then me. im not saying that my motor will last forever, but if you do things right and dont cut corners, you can run N20 safely for a long time.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemiram11 said:
wbw1 does a 3 stage 325 shot on a stock internal truck. he just takes the right precautionary measures. You need ngk 4306 plugs and always run 93 octane. Set you programmer if you have one to the 89 octane tune. And you can spray a 150 shot all day long
He only did that once, and his motor caught fire...I was with him when it happened and I helped him install that 3rd stage. And he does not spray as much as everyone thinks...but I will save that for another post. I personally do not fel comfortable spraying any more than a 125 shot.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
well 100-125-50 should be no problem. Motor actually caught fire huh. Thats crazy

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemiram11 said:
well 100-125-50 should be no problem. Motor actually caught fire huh. Thats crazy
He threw a ball of flames 5' in the air out both sides of his hood after hitting the rev limiter on his 1-2 shift with 2 125 shots activated...Busted a fuel rail and we didnt leave the track until 4am.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what i'm scared of

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemikia said:
that's what i'm scared of
:D

You will be fine. He was trying to shift manually while on spray which is a VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA!!! I warned him against it, but he did it anyway, and he forgot to shift into 2nd while spraying (2) 125 shots.

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
i wonder what kind of numbers he would have put down if it went perfect? thats why i never manual my auto!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.